Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Moving Tetris

So, I completely overestimated how much stuff we had to move.  I  panicked and ordered 2 storage containers.  I was so worried about it all not fitting in the "relocube" (which is not a cube) but I was way way waaaaaaaaay off!  We had room to put way more stuff in the first one, and we didn't even open the second one.  So the dimensions were 6'/7'/8'.  So I had measured off the closet, and I figured 4/5 of the closet was the same size.... not quite accurate.  There is the hangar bar and shelf in the closet.  Plus, I stacked things a little different in the closet than in the relocube.  Luckily, I only pay for whatever I use, so they just take the second one back with no charge.

Needless to say, I'm pretty tired.  The FP is already passed out, 15 minutes after he hit the bed.  He did most of the bringing the stuff down to the front, and I did more of the rearranging.  So, if things get fucked up during the move, it's my fault!  Anyway, the relocubes are just sitting there on the street like two sentries.  We don't have the best neighborhood, so I'm hoping no one tries to fuck with them.  I had to put a lock on the empty cube, because I didn't want anyone going in there and leaving a dead body in it or anything like that.  The only thing is, I have to remember to take the lock off before the containers are picked up.

We have to meet with the FP's girlfriend (the landlady ... see numero ocho) at 8:30 tomorrow morning.  Kinda early, but we want to get on the road as early as we can.

We do have to drop the DVR box off at Cox, and we need to drop our desk off at our friend's house.  Hopefully she will be awake!

So, yeah.  Weird night.  We have the desk, the mattress and the TV on the TV stand.  That's all the furniture.  Tomorrow, we are going to get rid of everything except the TV.  We had Luigi's Pizza for one last time.  Stupid us, we didn't think that they delivered, but we found out tonight that they do deliver.  It's a little too late for that.  Anyway, one of the things about Luigi's is that it's cash only.  So, usually if we get delivery we don't have cash anyway, so that's probably part of why we never checked to see if they delivered.  Anyway, it was good pizza.

Right now, The Fuzz is using the litter box.  She doesn't know how to scratch to cover.  She just scratches the side of the box, not the litter.  So she will do this for a long time, and it's irritating, even though it's cute in a retarded (excuse me, mentally challenged) kind of way.  Anyway, we had moved the litter box into the bedroom.  There's nothing else in there, so it is really loud and echoey in there.  Needless to say, the scratching of the walls of the litter box is even more annoying when it's amplified.

We put collars with microchip ID info on the kitties tonight.  They fuzzed, I mean fussed a little, but then after, they seemed to not bother about the collars, almost like they like having the collars.  They look silly though, because the tags are so big.


So here's Stinky with his collar







And here's The Fuzz



The tag looks like a bib on her!  LOL!!!!!

Anyway, I have to eat my daily yogurt and watch TV and attempt to sleep at a reasonable hour.  The bullshit is, I'm really exhausted and have been suffering sleep deprivation, but it doesn't mean I will be able to sleep soundly!

No comments:

Post a Comment