Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

So, yeah

The FP's girlfriend dropped by just now.  She was standing right by the window, so when I looked out the window I saw her standing right there.  So, no avoiding talking to her.  Which was fine, but I definitely didn't want her trying to walk in and look at the place.  It's been worse, but it's not the best.  I was possibly thinking of doing some work around the apartment, or walking to Albertson's to get some yogurt.  I wasn't sure which, but maybe I should clean.  She's fairly a nice lady, but she made a point to say how she didn't show the place to anyone yet because it's not ready.  And then she seemed disappointed that we wouldn't be ready to check out with her until Tuesday, the 15th, when we gave notice for.  Maybe she was just disappointed because she didn't get to see her boyfriend, but his wife instead.  Her grandson was with her, and he told me yet again how he saw the FP on Google Earth.  Like if you look up either our address or down the street, you can see him running.  I'll have to finally look it up and see.  It's probably been updated since then, though. (pause)  Well, I didn't see him, but I did see our car out front.  It looks cleanish in the picture which is weird.  But, as I looked down the street I saw that the post office was still open when these pictures were taken, so it has been almost a year at least since these images were taken.

So, we are needing to really wrap this shit up now.  It's kind of a waiting game at the same time.  If we pack too much shit, then we will have to open boxes to take stuff out.  We should pretty much stop cooking, but that would mean we would probably eat more expensive food, or more unhealthy food.  We have to get rid of the futon this weekend, and wrap up the cleaning.  We also need to go to In N Out, maybe Ba Ren, and hopefully Villa Manila.  We need to go to the beach one more time to see the Pacific.  Hopefully some people will show up on Sunday night at the bar to say goodbye.

Then we have to get rid of the bed last.  It's a bit of a dilemma because if we just dump it in the lot next door, everyone will know it's us because we are moving.  Or we can hope someone from craigslist will take it.  It's weird to be getting rid of ALL of our furniture.  I know I've said that before.  It's weird that people want a beat up futon.  It's weird that we are going to be living in a furnished apartment.  It's weird that we are going to be living in South Florida.  It's weird that we are going to be driving around New Orleans in our Element.  It's weird that we are going to be taking our cats cross country, when The Fuzz gets mad if I pick her up and carry her from the bedroom to the living room.  It's weird that I'm watching Living Single while I'm trying to write this.  It's not really a good show.

Not like... Degrassi, which the season premiere should be tomorrow night.  Which is exciting and disappointing at the same time.  I'm excited for the new season, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch the new season.  I'm pretty sure our new apartment has cable included, so it's some weird cable company that is not Cox, and maybe we won't have TeenNick!  Oh the horrors!  And maybe no Sundance, IFC, EPIX, etc.  I wonder if I should take this time to watch the shows recorded on the DVR one more time.  I know there is an easy way to attach a hard drive and copy shit from the DVR, but it's not really that important to save these shows.

So, anyway, I guess I am going to clean now.  I think I'm too lazy to walk to the grocery store right now, but not too lazy to do a bit of cleaning.  Oh, God, The Cosby Show.....must change the channel.  Guess I will watch the Raiders pound the Chargers into their own home field.  Who knows, maybe the Chargers will surprise us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment