Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Nightmare Hair

11/23/11

Let’s take one blog to get away from the feelings of guilt, self loathing, second and third guessing, and miserableness at aparently inflicting Broward County on the FP when he clearly has no desire to be here and the only reason he agreed to moving was hoping that I would just give in easily to moving to the more expensive Dade County... which I will probably end up doing even though we’ll be in this place that is just a little too small to have more than one guest, but we’ll have to make it work because it’s not like we’ll be able to sell for a profit any time soon.
So, since before we left San Diego, I had been saying how I needed to get hair detangler.  My hair has been a big brillo pad.  I had been busy doing other moving related things in SD, so I never got the chance.  When we were in New Orleans, I mentioned again how I needed to go to a beauty supply place to get detangler, but we were there for such a limited time and tried to cram as much as we could in that time, that I never had time to go to the beauty supply place.
I mentioned it again when we got here, but we’ve been doing stuff.  It seems like too much effort to leave and go out just in search of detangler.  So, today, when we were in Whole Foods siphoning free internets, I went into the Ulta Beauty Supply place next door when we left.  There were aisles and aisles of brands of hair care.  It took so long, and I was down to one of the last few aisles before I found the first product that said it was a detangler.  There had been one for “unmanageable hair”  but my mop is way beyond unmanageable - it’s like calling Sandusky (Penn State underprivileged boy rapist)  unmanageable.  
So, anyway, we went to the beach this afternoon for a run - well, jog in my case.  So after the 1 hour drive home, we took showers.  I took my shower, then I started to comb my hair.  Ok, I tried to run a comb in my hair, but I couldn’t.  So I whipped out the detangler.  And I shook and sprayed and combed.  It took me a while to realize I had to try to separate by hands the really big tangles before trying to comb them out.  The hair was falling out like I had alopecia.  Small bits, big clumps, long strands.  An hour and a half.  I had to cut out 2 gnarlballs.  I struggled and tried not to, but there was no choice.  The hair on the back of my head was one huge dread.  I told the FP, and he said, “Just dread it all?”  But, I painstakingly raked it with a comb little by little.  The FP had been waiting and waiting, and three or four beers later, I had it under control just enough that I could leave it.  Even though we sat at dinner, and I obsessed about how I wished I had a brush with me.  Although, that would be uncouth, right, to brush one’s hair at dinner?  Anyway, I can’t wait to wake up tomorrow and brush my hair outside - as my sis had showed me was better for cleanup.  I also need a new brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment