Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Oh Rege!

So, I apologize for not blogging last night... we got back to the hotel reeeeeeeeeally late, and then when I tried to log onto the internet my access was denied.  Sure, I probably just needed to call down to the front desk for the password, but I was so exhausted, that I used this as an excuse not to do it.  There.  I admit it!

So, anyway, I'm trying to write this, but The Fuzz has graced us with her presence in the bed.  She obviously has been scared and confused.  Every time we get to a new hotel she meows and then hides under the bed.  Then she comes out when we are asleep.  But tonight, I was taking my vitamins.  She thought I had the cat treats, so she came out begging for them.  So, of course we found the cat treats and gave her some.  And when she was done, she jumped up here in the bed.  She's been marking the computer, and then she even went in the middies.  The middies is the middle of the bed, obviously.  She never goes there because she is scared of being enclosed.   But I guess she is having a hard time and needs some reassuring affection.  Hopefully when we get to the apartment tomorrow they will acclimate fast.

Anyhoo, yesterday was a long day.  We did sleep in til 10:30, which was nice.  I think I got around 7 hours of sleep which is on the high side lately.  We got up and went to the quarter, got iced coffee at CC's (boy do they know how to make it properly) and then walked around.  It was already after 11, so we decided to eat lunch at Coop's, which was delicious.  Then we walked around some more.  We went down to Royal Street and watched a band play Doreen's Jazz Band.  We had seen them last time we were in New Orleans.  Doreen plays clarinet and she sings as well.  Amazing voice and an amazing clarinet player.  Everyone in the band was great.  The FP teared up, if you must know.

So, then we walked down to the blue dog gallery, Rodrigue.  I hadn't been in since it moved down the street.  Amazing.  To see the big huge paintings is something else.  And a lot of the paintings have these beautiful ornate gold frames that really made them so......... New Orleansy.  I love Rodrigue.

After that, we went back and got the car.  We went to see our friend in the hospital.  She had just had a baby a couple days before.  A teeny boy.  So we got to hang out with her and her twin sister for a little. It was great.  So good to see old friends.

Then we went back down the riverbend to Cooter Brown's.  I won't go into it too much.  Oysters and beer.  After that, we went back to the hotel room to relax.

After that dinner with some friends at the FP's old place of work.  We closed the place down, then we went next door for drinks.  Until 2:20 am.  I was so ready to leave at 12:30, but I tried to be patient.  I don't think I did a good job.  But not only was I tired and cranky and sleepy, the smoke in the bar was killing me.  As talking to drunks.  I stopped drinking after dinner, while everyone else knocked em back.  Is it bad that I've come to realize that my socializing threshold is about 4 hours.  So, I think I can conversate with others for about 4 hours, and then after that, they generally are drunk, and then they start repeating stories, or start to talk about things they shouldn't talk about or start to become a caricature  of themselves.  So, I like to get out before that all happens.  I used to be in the thick of it all, getting fuuuuucked up.  But now, I kinda don't like to get fucked up.  And I can't tolerate others getting fucked up very well.  I'm getting old before my time.  

Anyway, TBC........

No comments:

Post a Comment