Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oh Happy Night

So, we went to watch the LSU game with our friend, we'll just call him Boo.  He is a big big LSU fan, as alumni are.  So, LSU is ranked #1 (my number 3 favorite number)  and Alabama is ranked #2 (my favorite number).  LSU won during overtime by a field goal 9 - 6.  Boo was so happy he cried!  He's one of those manly gays who would seem like he would never cry.

So, it was weird, because almost all the guests were women (I did say he was gay).  I've never been to a football watching party where the females outnumbered the males.  Everyone was nice, and the food was great and we had a nice time.  It was weird though, because we met for the first and last time.  So, it was like, nice to meet you, good luck with the move.  And then we left the party before 9pm.

Man are we old like.  Okay, so last night we didn't go to bed until like 1 and I went to sleep around 2.  I think this is part of the allure of being off on the weekend.  I can go home early and not feel bad about it.  Something about working weekends made me feel like I needed to stay out late every chance I could get because I didn't get weekends off.

Oh well, things are going to change drastically soon!  Different time zone, different climate, different state, different flora and fauna, different accents, different apartment, different food, different life.   And we probably won't have a dvr at first.  No recorded shows?  That sounds crazy!  Especially with the new season of Degrassi starting!  OMG, am I going to miss that?  Probably.  Especially since I am going to need to start working very soon after we move.  And what about Big Bang Theory and Community?  I am going to have to get a day job.  Hopefully with weekends off.  And maybe like a job that's like 11 -7.  Those would be sweet hours.  With benefits; medical, vacation pay, sick pay, personal days, holidays off, a raise every 3 months.  I can find that with a great salary too, right?

So, anyway, I'm getting very anxious.  I feel unprepared for this move.  Even though I've been preparing for it for a long time.  But, I sent a deposit for the apartment via priority mail, and I don't think it's made it to Florida yet!  I sent it out on Monday.  So I did send it from a mailbox store.  And it was late.  But obviously, it was not sent to the post office until the next evening!  So, then it didn't even leave until Wednesday!  So, I know it didn't get there on Friday, but I don't know if it made it today or not.  I'm a little concerned that the property manager is pissed and is just going to rent it out to someone else, and then I'll have this cashier's check floating around out there.  Fuck the post office, and fuck the mailbox store.  The mailbox store screwed me once before.  I should have known not to use them again, but it's just down the street.  That's what I get for being lazy and not driving down to the post office!  Oh well.  Fuck it.    

Let's just find a silly video to watch....

No comments:

Post a Comment