Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

My Priority Isn't Yours, I realize this

So, last weekend, I got news that if I wanted this one apartment, I needed to send a $250 cashier's check as a deposit to hold it.  So, I was waiting for the address to mail it to, which I got Sunday or Monday.  So, I went to the bank and got a cashier's check.  Then I went to our neighborhood mailbox store to mail it.  So, asked how much overnight and other different way besides just putting a stamp on it would cost.  So, everything was like $35 and up besides priority mail.  So, priority mail is supposed to be 2 -3 days, although it's not guaranteed.  I figured normal mail from Florida to here usually takes 4 days, so, priority mail would be 3 - 4 days, with tracking.  So I did priority mail.  I guess I should have asked the guy if it would be picked up that day or not.  Because it wasn't.  It wasn't picked up, it looks like, until the next night.  If I had known that, I would have probably left and just gone to the post office.  Maybe he knew that, or he didn't care.

Anyway, the check was to be mailed to my realtor, who would give it to the landlady.  So the landlady called the realtor every day asking for the check.  I forwarded the tracking info.  But all it said, was the check left San Diego on Wednesday and was in transit.  So, the weekend came and went, no sign of the check.  It being a cashier's check, I was worried that if it were lost, I wouldn't be able to cancel it right away.

So, I don't know how much the landlady harassed my realtor, probably a lot.  So, this morning I got an email from the realtor saying that the check had not arrived and the landlady didn't want to hold the apartment for us any longer.  So, even though we thought that maybe the check would show up tomorrow, I went and sent a regular check fed ex overnight.  When I got home, I checked the USPS website for tracking on the first check.  It had arrived at a sorting facility in Florida.  So, they will get two checks tomorrow.  The priority mail check will have taken 9 days, 8 if you don't count Sunday.  It's like I almost don't want the apartment though, because this landlady sounds like a nightmare!  But, whatever.  Hopefully we won't have to deal with her much.  Just send the rent every month.

But, let's just be positive, shall we.  Whatever happens, happens.  It is what it is.  Que sera sera.  Shit happens.

So, here's a weird story.  We went to the health clinic to get the test results from my diabetes and thyroid tests.  So, it was around 12:30 and we were expecting it to be packed in the waiting room.  There were 3 guys there who were together.  They were acting very weird.  The FP swore they were on something.    So, I was at the desk checking in.  The FP sat down, and next thing I noticed, the one asian kid was sitting one chair away from the FP asking him about his phone.  I heard him say, is that an iphone?  Like anyone doesn't know what an iphone looks like.  Like an asian kid doesn't know the difference between and iphone and a droid.  So, I thought that was weird.  The FP was not in the mood to be chatting.  So, then he got up and he was standing next to me at the counter.  One of the other kids, the most scary looking one, asked us if we knew what the cross streets were that the clinic was on.  So, we kinda mumbled some streets that were not right.  So, we went to sit down as far away from them as we could, and scary guy said thank you.  We didn't even really help him.  Luckily, it was only a few minutes before I was called.  The FP hesitated to go, so I had to beckon him to come with.  I know he didn't want to be stuck alone in the room with these guys.

So, basically, I was told that I needed more blood drawn for more tests.  So, when we were walking out of the office, the waiting room was packed!  The scary guy was the only one of the three still there.  I guess we went in during the lunch break or something.  So, when we walked out, we went by the elevator and turned around to go back to the stairs.  The scary guy came out behind us.  He stood like he wasn't going to walk out, and then he did.  Like he was going to follow us.  He followed us to the stairs and then kind of stopped.  We picked up the pace.  I think we were both worried he was going to try to rob us or something.   Probably steal the coveted iphone 3gs, latest technology, that you can now buy for $20 from at&t.   Luckily, the stairs were very open.  And there were people around.  I was relieved that we were going to the lab rather than walking to our car.  I definitely felt like he either was going to rob us, ask us for a ride or try to do a drug transaction.  When we were leaving, we got in the car, and when we turned the corner, we saw them on the sidewalk huddled, looking shady.  Luckily, they didn't see us in the car.  Otherwise, they probably would have jumped out and carjacked us and raped us both, the FP in the mouth and anus, and me probably golden gated me while the other one filmed it on the FP's iphone or something.  Anyway, it was very weird, and I can't stop thinking about it.  They were just weird kids, and why bother with us?  We didn't look like we had money, we did have the iphone, but I guess we looked like easy victims?  I'm not much of a screamer, but put me in a situation like that, I can probably scream with the rest of them.  Anyway, nothing happened.  

So... let me leave you again with another video or something.... oh, this is an old one of Stinksy
sorry, you will have to click on the link.  Yes, I am making you do work if you want to read my blog!

http://youtu.be/qOyef5fMKgY

No comments:

Post a Comment