Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner

So, we didn't cook a traditional dinner on Thursday for Thanksgiving.  Our oven door is kind of fucked up, and we didn't feel like digging through all our boxes to get out everything we would need anyway.  So, we ate out at some fancy restaurant, and we went to the bar later, where the FP had wings and I had key lime pie.

Anyhoo, I mentioned to the FP that we should have a Thanksgiving dinner when we move into our new abode, whenever that is.  Hopefully sooner than later.  But anyway, I'm throwing this out there to those of you who are close friends and family, you are all invited to our Thanksgiving dinner, whenever that will be!

So, we drove around a lot today.  A LOT.  So, since the FP had his eye issues going on, I drove.  Which is fine.  Except we were delving into new unknown territory.  And the FP had his eye issue, so I basically had to drive and navigate most of the time.

Have you ever had an eye infection?  Well, it can hurt like fuck, and one can be very light sensitive, as the FP was this morning.  Kind of sucks when you are in South Florida!

Anyway, we drove down the coast to Miami Beach.  So, cool, and weird and strange.  I have a phobia of tall buildings.  I think I've discussed this before?  Anyway, I hate being enclosed by tall buildings.  So, like South Beach where there are just tall condos felt claustrophobic to me, but that parts where there were only condos on one side were what I liked.  It's so urban, yet on the water.  It's just like a foreign country, as my BFF described it.

So, I had made a google maps list of places to look at.  So, the first place was not wrong.  It was a place of business, not a house or condo.  It was somewhere right near South Beach on the other side of the water.  Anyway, it was probably a condo with a issues or something.   So, then we had lunch.  I needed a break from the driving anyway.

So, then we went to look at a house in El Portal.  Mind you, we know nothing about the area.  So, we got off the interstate, and the FP had to poop.  Because we had just had lunch.  So we went to one shady gas station, and the john was already occupado.  He waited for a while, then he gave up.  So, then we went to another one and he was good to go.  Both gas stations had cuban coffee, which one has to appreciate, even though they were shady, right?

Then we went to look at the house.  Which was right off the interstate near the shady gas stations.  So, we were driving down the scary street with boarded up houses and shady characters hanging out.  I thought about just turning around and not bothering looking, since the house was farther down.  But then the street got nicer, more manicured.  So I figured, I was right there, might as well keep going.  And the house was nice!  It was really nicely painted and had landscaping and stuff!  But there was no for sale sign.  When I came back and looked it up, it was an old listing!

So, then we went to Hialeah.  This is the suburbs.  But it's the suburbs of Miami.  And a friend recommended the area.  And indie bands come out of the area.  So we went there.  The first place was in a gated community, so we didn't go in.  The second one was in a non gate community that was very nice.  Very nice.  I wondered how there could be a place in our price range.  So, we drove down a winding road that kept changing number name.  And then we got to the street.  And the house number did not exist.  We tried to look it up on google maps and on realtor.com, but we couldn't find it.   Later when I looked it up, I found out we were on the other side of the subdivision.  I also found out that there are a few different properties in that area in our price range.

So that was it.  We looked at one house in a scary location that wasn't even for sale.  But it was good to drive around, no matter how nerve wracking it was.  I just need to get an automatic, damnit!  And maybe a GPS navigator.  It's difficult to look at printouts and grab the iphone while driving.  I want to be familiar with the area now, not later.  I guess all I can do is keep driving around.

We need jobs too.

Can't wait to get to that Thanksgiving dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment