Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

yesterday's post

11/21/11
Well, I don’t know when I am actually going to publish this, but I figured I would do this the antiquated way - writing it on a word processing program and then saving it and publishing it later.  It seems so behind the times to not publish in real time.  But, alas, I won’t have internets until Friday at the earliest.  I say earliest, because the cable guy will show up and I’m sure something will not work out.  That’s how it usually happens.  
Anyway, I apologize for not posting last night, due to the lack of internets.  We actually went to a bar in Hollywood and I used the internet there.  So, you’re saying why didn’t you write the blog last night.  Well, the internets was pretty slow.  We were looking at houses, and that took forever.  Not only that, this was one of the worst places to do anything other than drink beer, watch soccer, or play soccer video game.  So, there were so many rowdy soccer fans and they were ear splittingly enthusiastic.  And the TV was piping through the surround sound system at max volume.  Not a big fan of all that.  
So, anyway, we are at our temporary home in Hallandale, Florida.  Let me tell you about our temporary apartment.  It’s in a questionable neighborhood across the street from the Gulfstream Race track.  There is a shady motel that had 2 different Mercedes parked in front of it last night.  There’s a trailer park.  There’s one garish house that looks like the people maybe came into some money and decided to fix their old house up rather than move.  There are shopping carts in the empty lot across from our apartment complex.  
And then there is our place.  The little rock garden with stone patio furniture is cute.  Plenty of parking for how many units there are.  Our apartment in furnished.  Weird, huh?  Well, we got rid of all our old cheap shabby furniture and figured when we move into a permanent place we would then buy stuff.  Who wants to put their old furniture into a new place?
So, our furniture is a weird mix of old stuff that looks like it came out of an old relative’s home, and some stuff from one of those more modern discount furniture places.   But, we keep telling ourselves it’s temporary.  It’s difficult to find a short term rental.  
Anyway, the important part is that the cats are not cooped up in their pet carriers in the car anymore.  They know that we are going to be here for a while.  They are still scared though.  They hide when we leave, but they come out as soon as we walk in the door.  And they are very affectionate.  They can’t get enough love!  So, The Fuzz went from -I’ll let you pet me when I’m in the mood, to I can’t get enough attention.  So, if you have a standoffish pet, just move him or her across the country, cooped up in the car for several days in a row alternated with several strange hotels, and when you end up at your final destination, they will love you all the more!
So, that’s that.  I feel like I’m on the show survivor - no internet, unless we go to an establishment with wifi, and no cable TV to watch the stories, only local antenna channels.  Oh sure, there’s Target and Starbucks and Publix and  Petsmart and Petco and Ross and Best Buy and Guitar Center... and Whole Foods all within a 1 mile radius.  But, still.  How do I cope without internet in my apartment, or without comedy central, TBS, FX....Animal Planet, or NGC?  I don’t understand.  It’s so hard to be underprivileged!

No comments:

Post a Comment