Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stuffy

So, I was slowly improving.  Slowly.  And now my nose is all stuffed up, and I still have yuck in my lungs too.  Okay, some of it could have to do with the drilling and inhaling sawdust, plaster and metal dust.  I definitely could have used a mask yesterday.  But I never thought of covering my nose and mouth until I would get a noseful or mouthful of something.

Oh, and it's cold.  It was cold this morning.  Then it was pretty warm when I was out back working on the screen door.  It was warm enough that I had to change into shorts.  But then later on, it got cold again, and I didn't change back into pants fast enough.  I was trying to make the shower run hotter, so I kept sticking my arm under the water.  So, when I was done with that, I was freezing.  So, I had to change back into sweats.  And that's what I'm wearing now.

And I went to Kmart in sweats.  You know, I just needed some Orajel for my damn mouth sore, so I was just going to "run to the store."  And it's Kmart.  You know - the place where that phrase came from , "Kmart feet"?  It means very very dirty filthy feet.  Because the poor families would go into Kmart and the kids wouldn't have shoes on but no one kicked them out, "Kmart feet".

So, here's my ensemble:
 
I don't know what's so funny?  Why are you laughing so much? I really dont' think it's that funny?  Oh, come on.  Really?  Are you peeing a little?

And you're going to tell me you were never just cleaning the house or sick or something and never just ran to the store with whatever you had on, without thinking or worrying about it?

This is the height of couture, FYI.  So, the shoes, I got at least a year ago, and they are my favorite leisure/exercise shoes ever.  They are black with like hot pink laces.  And I've logged in a lot of miles in these shoes.  I mean walking wise and in a car or plane.

And then the sweatpants.  I got these ages ago.  I bought them in the boys section at Wal-mart.  I didn't like the elastic legs, so I de-elastified them.  These pants have comforted me through many an illness, and many a depressed night at home watching dumb movies or lame TV and probably feeding my candida with junk food.

The T-shirt, I believe was from Urban Outfitters or Target - one or the other.  The FP got it, and he didn't like it.  So, it kind of sat around in danger of being thrown out or given to Goodwill. So, I started wearing it, mainly as a work shirt.  It was uncomfortable at first, I think.   But it's broken in, so it's fine now.

The hoodie was a Target purchase by the FP.  He loved this hoodie.  LUVED it.  But then it was washed and then dried in the dryer on high.  Probably by me, and it shrunk.  You can see how the zipper was all warped.  So, the FP went to Target and bought the same exact hoodie.  He threatened to throw the warped hoodie away, but once again, I adopted it.  And boy have I worn this thing.  I don't even know if the FP has his hoodie like it still.  But he's bought several since then.  Numerous.  A plethora.  A myriad.  A whole bunch.

Anyway, that's what I wore to the fashion show, I mean freak show, that is Kmart.  And, yeah, when I noticed what I was wearing under the bright fluorescent lights, I felt self conscious.  So, this woman glanced at me, and I looked at her, and she looked at me again.  So, I felt like she was looking at my outfit, like WTF.  Or like, is that girl homeless?  And if so, did she steal those shoes that look pretty clean for being over a year old?  It's Kmart for godsake!!!!!

Anyway, even if I won the lottery (which I need to start playing)  I would still wear these clothes and run to the store wearing them.  It's not like I would run out and get a Gucci leisure suit to wear while doing housework and to run to the store.  Ok, who am I kidding.  If I won the lottery, I wouldn't do housework, besides the stuff that I like to do, which isn't much.  But, I would still run to the store in all male clothes except for my very female looking shoes.  And if you had a problem with it, I would flash you a smile with all my platinum teetheses.  Then you'd be schooled, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment