Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whine Wine

So, I thought I would try a little wine tonight.  Mainly because I am out of Nyquil, and I bought some generic Up and Up Target brand Mucinex.  This stuff doesn't make one drowsy, so hopefully the wine will help me sleep the night through.  I gotta tell you, I see why back in the day moms popped valium before bed, and now people take Lunesta and Ambien.  It's so much better to just sleep through the night not waking up every time there's a noise, or because there's a lot on my mind and my brain won't let me sleep the whole night through.

Of course, I'm still sick and when I briefly wake up in the middle of the night I always am soaked in cold sweat.

Last night though, the fridge was making a weird grinding motor noise every minute or so.  It was kind of loud and not normal.  I got up twice to look at the fridge like I would see something that explained the noise.  There's no reset button or anything, so I just had to let go.  It eventually stopped sometime during the night.  My guess is, it was the defrost mode?  The fridge was freezing herbs and stuff, so I adjusted the setting.  So, I'm going to go with defrost mode.

Anyhoo, yeah.  I poured like a couple inches of wine into a blue plastic tumbler, because that's how the cool people drink it nowadays.  And, about an hour and a half later, I think I've consumed half of it.

So, should I whine to go with my wine?  Why(ne) not.

I need a job.  It's bullshit that I've answered some ads on craigslist and no one's called me to offer me a stress free chef position with great pay, flexible hours and the freedom to run the kitchen the way I want without any interference from the owners.

Also, I need an endless supply of money to work on the house.  I need furniture, I need paint, I need more plants (even though we bought a few today), I need to redo the lanai, and I need new cute hurricane shutters that are code compliant.

I need local friends.  Like people who live in the neighborhood that are likeminded, and we could walk to each other's houses or jump into one car and go to a bar or restaurant together.

I need a local bar like the Bluefoot that we can walk to.  So, it needs to be a little of everything.  It needs a big patio that is facing the street.  It needs to be on a busy street corner.  It needs to have a good enough selection of booze, and not be too pricey.  It needs to have cool bartenders.  It needs to have a healthy mix of clientele - day to day older booze hounds, younger hipsters, late 20s and 30s happy hour goers, annoying college kids late at night, artists, musicians, writers, hairstylists and service industry people.

I need a puppy to take to this Bluefoot - like bar.

I need a good enough supermarket like Pancho Villa, which really good prices on nice produce, and meat and fresh made tortillas and salsas.

I need to find time to paint and play music and work on other artistic endeavours.

I need a bike and a kayak, and a bike and a kayak for the FP, and another car.

And I need everything that the FP needs as well.

Is that too much to ask for all at once?  I better start playing the lottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment