Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kodak Moment

So, as you all know, I'm jobless and I have been for quite some time now.  I scan craigslist and indeed every day, and sometimes monster, the local classifieds and a couple other job search websites.  I apply to jobs I know won't pay enough, and also to jobs that are way above my head.

And, it always comes back to this.  How the hell can I open up my own place?  That's all I want to do.  I wouldn't mind making just enough to scrape by (in the beginning) as a tradeoff to working for someone else, like "the man".

So, you know, the internets is a veritable breeding ground for daydreaming.  It's so easy to go, I want to own my own island, let me see how much they're going for these days.  Or there's the less pricey but seemingly as unobtainable, I want to own my own restaurant, let me see how much they're going for these days.

So, I looked on craigslist.  It's kind of difficult to search "restaurant" in the office/commercial section because if a listing says it's near a restaurant, then craigslist selects it for the search.  Of sometimes people will put a hundred tags at the end of the list and only 4 really apply to the ad. Anyway, it was late last night and I was not sleepy, of course, even though I was pretty tired from not getting enough sleep the night before.

Anyway, I found an interesting looking ad.  It was for a deli inside a convenience store.  The little deli space was already set up, and all one had to do was pay rent and buy food and supplies.  So, here's the ad:


$500 Deli for Rent. All Equipment and Licenses Included. Start Selling..... (Hollywood, FL)


Date: 2011-12-29, 10:05PM EST
Reply to: hous-xvxhu-2774931689@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Deli located with in a Convenience Store ( Food Store) is up for rent.

Deli includes all equipment need -- Freezer, Meat Slicer, Signs..etc.

Just order Bread and Meat and get started from tomorrow. Totally turn key.

Very good location on US-1. School, Auto repair and other businesses on US-1 as well as Dixie highway. Great upside potential for person willing to work hard and also start deliveries to businesses.
Business from customers visiting the store. Delivering to businesses will give you more upside potential.

Rent: 500 / Month
Electricity: $125 / Month
No Extra Charges for water, Sewer, Licenses,...etc

See attached pictures and reply to this ad if interested.
Call: 954.494.4447 or e-mail to: hollywoodmarket [at] gmail [dot] com to setup an appointment to come take a look
Address: 1620 N Federal Hwy, Hollywood, FL 33020 (Intersection of US-1 and TAFT)

  • Location: Hollywood, FL
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0image 1
image 2image 3
PostingID: 2774931689


Definitely not my ideal situation, but I'll look into any offer before turning it down.  So, I know where this convenience store is.  It's like maybe a mile and a half away from our house.  Yeah, it's in a shady area, in a convenience store, but let's look at it on google maps, just for shits and giggles.



So, go to google maps:


And copy and paste the address:

1620 N Federal Hwy, Hollywood, FL 33020

And then go to street view.  What do you see?  Do you see what I see?  Or did the photo change already?  Because if you are seeing what I see, you would be LMAOing and telling me not to look into this business opportunity!

Oh, well.  I'll just keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment