Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Today

Is my mom's birthday.  But she passed away almost a year and a half ago.

Today is also Elvis' birthday.  He passed away way before my mom.

Today is the day that Steelers' chances for the Superbowl were smashed up on Mile High Stadium.

Today is the day that I fully back the Saints to go to the Superbowl.

Today is the day that my cold has mostly migrated to my chest, so now I just sometimes get those throaty, phlegmy coughs that sounds like either I've been smoking for 40 years, or the precursor to the death rattle.

Today is the day that I tried to save a rather large man of war jellyfish on the beach.  It was moving like it was breathing, like it was desperately trying to get back in the water.  While the dead ones have that seam down the length of them that look like stitches, this one had what looked like a long dorsal fin.  So, at the same moment, this balloon that was bobbing in the water rolled up onto shore next to me.  So I took the balloon and rolled the jellyfish a little down the shore until a wave hit it.  And it rolled it farther back.  I tried to roll it a little more, but then a wave pushed it back again.  So, then I had to give up.  I kept walking.  When I turned around and was walking back, at first, I had hope that it caught a wave back out.  But then I found it.  This time it was dead.

Today is the day that I saw a parrotfish dead on the beach.  A seagull had just pecked its eye out and ate it.  It looked kinda freshly dead.  It looked too big for a seagull to have snatched up, but it looked to high up for a wave to have brought it in.  When I turned around and walked back, there was no trace of the fish on the beach at all.  Except, the big seagull was swallowing up the tail.

Today is the day that the new TV season starts!  And the Cleveland Show is about to start in 2 minutes! My life won't seem as empty anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment