Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

How Far Would You Drive

To eat an In N Out Burger?     give me enough time not having one, and I would probably drive 100-140 miles for one.
    For those of you who eat meat and haven't had the pleasure - In N Out is a California based fast food burger joint that has THE BEST fast food burger I've ever had.  It's that good.  And it's bizarre because the employees act very friendly in a culty kind of way, no matter what time it is.

To Watch One Of Your Top 5 Favorite Musicians?     well if I have the time and resources I would probably drive cross country to see one, so, lets say 3000 miles.  I don't think I've driven more than a few hours to see a show.  Although we were going to drive 15 hours to see Depeche Mode, which doesn't quite count, because we would have also visited my sister, so it wouldn't have been just to see Sigur Ros.
   So, I'm not talking about flying.  Driving from your abode.

To Go To Disney?     having grown up about 1 hour from Disney World, I would say, no more than 200 miles.  Although, I haven't been in so many years that maybe I might drive 50 more...
      So, I guess, if you have kids or you've never been and it's a lifelong dream to go or something, then you would drive far.  But, if you've been and you hate it, then this question doesn't even apply to you.

To Get Cheap Gas?   I don't think I would go too far out of my way just to get gas.  I would put a few dollars of expensive gas in, and then when I am in the area where there is cheaper gas, fill it up.  So, I guess for the specific reason of getting gas, I would drive 5 miles.  When I was a kid, my dad would drive what seemed like 15 or 20 miles to get cheap gas.  Crazy huh?


To Not Have To Read This Blog?   It's not going very well.  But, I guess I'll continue anyway.   I would drive far far away to not have to read it.


To Bail A Friend Out of Jail?  Hm... I've never been in a position to do this, and I never hope to.  Anyway, I never have cash to bail anyone out of jail anyway!  If it were a very dear friend, I guess I would do what would be needed to be done.


To Buy A Coveted Item Of Value Or Adopt?   I would drive whatever it took, I think, if it were that valuable.  Say, like if I found a puppy I wanted to adopt.  I would drive days to go pick it up.
      So, I'm talking about like, a wedding dress, a one of a kind designer gown, maybe a guitar you always wanted, a work of art, maybe a you're adopting a kid.

To Get Away From Someone?   I would probably drive cross country to get away from someone.  Well, I have kind of moved cross country to not have to see someone as much, so, there's my answer.  


To Exact Revenge On Someone?   I kind of can impulsively get vengeful and I hold grudges, so I would probably drive as far as it took before coming to my senses, so in normal circumstances, let's say 300 miles.  If it were something like someone killed the FP and I was going to kill them in retaliation, I would probably drive to the end of the world.  So, don't murder him, okay.


To Buy Oysters?    Now, we come to the thing that sparked the idea for this lame blog topic.  I would at least go 60 miles.  That's how far we drove today for oysters.  I guess, next time we will just call first.  Ok, what happened was, we went to a near seafood market, and the oysters were small.  So, we drove to Fort Lauderdale to a place that was supposed to be good.  They had bigger bluepoints that were $4 or $5 more a dozen, but they weren't local.  So, from there, we googled places that were a few miles away.  They would be only wholesale, or the name changed, or not have oysters.  Next thing we knew, we had tried 6 places already.  So, then, we called this place that was 20 miles from where we were.  They had oysters.  So we drove there.  And they were big uns, and a good price point too.  So we got 3 dozen.  The whole trip starting from our house and back was probably almost 60 miles.  Have I mentioned that we love oysters?  Oh, and we needed them for the FP to do a cooking video.


Okay, this is so lame I have to stop now.  I probably won't even post the link to this on facebook.  But why even publish it then?  Well, I spent the time and tried it out, and I don't currently have any other topic to write about, so that's why.

Ironically, I tried to save the post, and an error occurred. Then I accidentally hit the wrong button and it navigated away from this page, so I thought I might have lost some of this.  But, it was all intact.  So, I guess I will post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment