Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Eff this being sick already!

So, I woke up today, and I was on the couch - which is like my permanent butt holder -  after about an hour and a half I fell asleep for a while.  I woke up with a very runny nose.  Consequently, my throat is sore again most likely from ye olde post nasal drip.

Anyhoo, I figured, I needed to start studying for my foodsafety certification, that I should have already taken by now.  So, you know, it's all about bacteria, viruses, chemical and physical contaminants in food and stuff.  So, of course, I took a break and I needed to clean.  So, I cleaned the metal drawer under the oven and the dreaded lazy daisy cabinet.  Both kinda gross.  The metal drawer had mold.  The lazy daisy cabinet had lots of insect carcasses, including a fairly large roach!  Yuk!  Hopefully, the tenting of the house knocked all that shit out.  Although if the spiders repopulated as fast as they did, other insects could also.

So, after that, I needed to take care of some business.  I went to Home Depot - by myself, not a good thing.  The problem with shopping by myself is that I get easily sidetracked, and without someone make me stay the course, I just wander the aisles daydreaming about all kinds of stuff that we need.  The problem with shopping by myself while in a cold/flu haze, is, I'm even more unfocused than usual.

I found a white resin patio table - $69.  Where the Christmas decorations had been last week.  We could have used that table on New Year's Eve.  So, anyway, we could use the IKEA table for a computer table, and get the patio table.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my phone to consult with the FP, and it was probably too much trouble to ask someone to get me the table from up on high.

I also found some bookshelves - Martha Stewart brand, of course.  I didn't know if they would fit in the corner that I was thinking they would go, and once again I didn't have a phone to consult with the significant other.  They were probably too heavy for me to carry anyway.

I did find some of the stuff I needed.  But not all of it.  I always feel like a dumb ass wandering around these home improvement stores.  It reminds me of when I worked at Ben N Jerry's, and the dumb looks that people had trying to process all the flavors.  Man, that used to bug me.  "Do you have New York Super Fudge Crunch?"  "Yes."  "I don't see it on the board."  "It's right there at the bottom."  "Oh!  There's so many flavors it's hard to read it all!"

The most exciting thing I found, was the shower adapter to hold the shower head.  So, at least one bathroom is in working order for now.  Although, the cold water handle in the sink is leaking water.  That will have to be looked at, at some point.

Anyway, I set up the favorite channels on the remote control the other day, and I set up the DVR to record some shows.  So, now I'm going to watch the end of Modern Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment