Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cathroom

So, a catio is too advanced for me.  So, instead, I focused my efforts on a much simpler cathroom (cat bathroom).  Or rather, I just made a short divider.

Sounds easy, right?  Yeah, if you are a good painter, which I am not.  My first mistake was that I bought this cheaper panel board instead of the nicer pine.  The price, and the fact that I didn't feel like waiting in line for the helpful Home Depot guy to saw the boards in half swayed my decision.  So, the boards were a little big, and easily splintered.

The second mistake was that I didn't sand it nearly enough.  The wood grain was really difficult to paint over.  I really only realized it after I had already painted the first coat.

The third mistake was trying to paint without sketching it out first.  It's kind of weird and disjointed as a complete work.  There's some weird things in it that make no sense.  Hopefully, the museum curators won't judge me on this one piece, when almost all the others are better.  Anyway, here it is in all it's glory.







Don't ask me what the graffiti says.  I just made some shit up.... Anyway, there is it.  Sick and twisted, but better than looking at the litter box all the time.  Sure, if you're standing over it you can see the litter box, but it's way better than just the litter box, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment