Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

New Company Name

So, I got a name idea for a company that organizes your life, or hires out personal assistants.  Pro Crastinate.  Get it? "We're pros at getting rid of procrastination!"

Anyway, never mind.  I thought it was a good idea.

Sometimes, there's things I don't do that in a sense hold me back.  Like take the nail clippers.  For years, we didn't have a properly sharpened pair of nail clippers.  The only ones we had were these toenail clippers.  The blades weren't smooth.  It looked like we tried to cut guitar strings or some kind of wire with them.  So, when you cut your nails with them, there would be a jagged cut.

Why didn't we just get some new nail clippers?  The primary reason was I have a terrible memory, and I would never remember to buy them when I was at the store.  The other reason was, I didn't want to make a trip to the store, just for nail clippers.  It seemed ridiculous.

So, finally, one day, after being unemployed for a couple months, I really needed the nail clippers.  I wasn't cooking anymore, so my nails were growing to a length that wasn't practical for me.  The longer my nails, the more shit gets caught under them that I can't scrape out.

So, the FP was at work, so I had to walk to a store.  I was thinking the local little grocery store, Jaycees Market would have them.  But they didn't.  Or at least, after all my looking, I didn't see them.  So, on my way home, I stopped at the corner market.  They didn't have much in the way of household items or grooming supplies.  So, I was looking around.  The guy at the counter asked me what I was looking for.  "Nail clippers?"  I asked.  "Like these?"  He pointed to a plastic tub on the counter full of nail clippers.  So I grabbed a pair.  "99 cents".  That was it.  I walked around the corner back home, and cut my nails.

All that time, cutting our nails with inefficient clippers, for a 99 cent solution, that was 3 blocks away.  Duh.  Que estupido.

Anyway, I'm trying to cut stupid shit like that out of my life.  Which is difficult.  Especially when I have a long laundry list of things to do, things to buy, things to fix,  including a lot of laundry.

Take the towel bar in the bathroom.  Every day, or I should say, every time one of us takes a shower (since as you know, I don't take a shower every day), when grabbing a towel from the towel rack, the bar would fall off and rattle on the floor and cause a big ruckus.  So, the other day, after hearing the towel bar fall again, I went to fix it right away, while it was fresh in my mind.  I had this sealing putty that I thought I would try.  It's the stuff that comes in a tube, and you knead it until the two compounds have mixed uniformly, then it's ready to use.  So, this isn't exactly the application it was intended for, as it's more for sealing leaks and stuff.  But I figured, it might work.  So, I broke a piece off.  And kneaded.  And kneaded.  And kneaded.  And then I jammed some into each of the towel bar holder brackets.  Then I jammed the towel bars into them.  So, it's hardened (LOL) and hopefully it will work.  So far so good.

Okay, so maybe it's not the proper solution, but it works, for now anyway.  Before I owned a house, I always wondered why people who own houses don't fix stuff or do a temporary fix, or jerry rig.  Now I know why.  Because there are always things to be fixed.  And so, things get fixed in the easiest and cheapest way possible.  Well, the way I fix things are not always the easiest, and definitely not necessarily the cheapest, because of my inexperience.  But I'm trying to be better.  I can't afford to hire my own Pro Crastinate pro....

No comments:

Post a Comment