Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Got Nuttin (Honey)

So, it seems like every night I get one hour less sleep.  So I'm hoping it stops at 6 though.  I can't function on 5 hours.  Sure, I don't work.  But I feel like such a useless blob if I just lie around when there is still lots and lots of stuff to do around the house.

Anyway, I got jack shit to write about.  And I really should write a food blog.  It's been a while on that one.  I'm not apologizing, I'm just sayin.

Really, I just want to get my PJs on this fine Saturday night at 8:25 pm.  Hey, I often had my PJs on at this time on a Saturday in San Diego too.

So, let's just talk about the cats.  That's always a goto topic when I don't have anything else....

So, we had to go get Stinksy's expensive cat food that they both eat.  Obviously, it would be way too hard to make them both eat their own individual food.  We don't have a vet here yet.  So, we have the prescription in at the Petsmart in...dun dun dun.... AVENTURA!!!! NOOOOONO!!!!!!

So, that's where we went.  Actually, when the parking lot is full most days, it can't get any worse than being full, unless it's line around the street waiting for parking, I guess.  Anyway, we got a few things, got the cat food and went to check out.  So, that's when I went to look for the prescription card.  And I couldn't find it in my wallet.

So, we decided that maybe we didn't need the card.  So we asked the cashier.  And she said, no we had to have the card.  So we went to the clinic and waited at the counter.  And waited.  And waited.  There was only one person helping people of course, because this is how it always is.  I waited at the far end.

So, this lady went up to the counter on the other side, and she was helped first.  And of course she took a long time.  She wanted to know how long was the wait for a walk in for her chihuahua (I had to google how to spell chihuahua - I might say the word a lot, but I don't spell it much).  She couldn't decide if she should wait.  Then she also wanted a prescription card for her doggie because she didn't have it with her.  The one little plus about her butting in front of me, was that she had like a South American accent, a little like Gloria on Modern Family.  And, well, now, that accent reminds me of funny foreign translations of american things - like "I have to put on my sugar jacket" or "squeaky wiener".

Finally, she was done.  So, we asked to get a prescription card.  The woman asked for my number.  No record.  Then my name, no record.  Then we remembered it might be in the Food Pimp's name.  So we gave his last name.  Then we gave the cat's name, Stinksy.  She didn't see it, it sounded like all she could find was Stacy Hampton.  So, we tried again with the FP's phone number, and she found it.  She thought we said Stacy, not Stinksy.  So, we got the card, and we checked out.

When we went home, we bombarded Stinksy with all the new stuff we got him.  Which is weird, because we are always sperling The Fuzz.  But, this time it was all about the other cat.  Mainly because we didn't think Fuzz would care about the stuff so much.

Like we bought a furry cat bed with leopard print on it.  The FP wanted something nice that he could lay on when he was hanging out in the lanai.  So I put it on this lawn chair that just sits on the corner.  Then I brought Stinksy out to test it.  He was kind of scared of it.  He sniffed it a lot, and then he jumped down.  He would walk around, and then go back and inspect it.

We also got them wheatgrass, which he loves more than The Fuzz.  But, he wasn't really interested in it.  And The Fuzz at one point was eating at the food bowl, and it looked like the wheatgrass spooked her.

We also got them a new cardboard refill for the small scratchy box, since they didn't have one for the big one.  But, they haven't even looked at it.  It probably doesn't help that I can't find the dried catnip to sprinkle on it.  That would also help with the cat bed too, of course.  I suppose I can try to use the fresh stuff, but, it's not quite the same for stuff like this.

Oh well,  I guess it was all too much for them.  Overstimulation.  And all they really seemed to want was the cat food.

No comments:

Post a Comment