Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Whole Foods

So, if you didn't know, news flash, I'm looking for a job.  There's a new Whole Foods opening in Pembroke Pines in six weeks.  So I applied to four different jobs, I think.  The job listings seem to be disappearing, which makes me think that they have already reviewed applications and have interviewed and are hiring team members already.  Or I can try to think positive and tell myself that they are just reviewing applications and are getting ready to interview people, right?

I don't know.  I guess we'll see.  If I don't get a call or email in the next week or so, then I know I'm not getting one at all.  I googled something about getting hired at Whole Foods.  There was a very long thread about it with some people saying they keep applying but never get the call back.

Why do I want to work there?  Well, the hours are either start in the morning and get out in the early afternoon, or start in the afternoon and get out at a reasonable hour.  Also, there's the surplus bonuses. Every month after inventory is done, each department analyzes the food cost, and if it comes out at a certain level, the whole department gets a bonus.  It's a nice little bump in the paycheck.  Of course, the place has benefits too.  One of them is a nice team member discount.

I worked at the Whole Foods in New Orleans for a while, so I thought that might give me a little boost. But maybe not.  Maybe I'm too old, I'm thinking.  Maybe they are looking for young, vivacious, nubile team members.  One look at my resume, and you know I ain't no spring chicken.  This is one of those instances where maybe attaching a photo might be helpful.  That way they would know I don't look quite as old as my resume might have one assume.

So, I'll just keep checking craigslist and indeed several times a day.  All the while hoping that I'll get that call ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment