Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Who's Gonna Replace Andy Rooney?!?!

Why is it, when I open the computer to write this blog, there is always a smudge on the exact same place on the screen?  It's so annoying.  It's not anywhere where it would be accidentally touched, but there it is every time.

What else is annoying?  A lot of stuff.  Here's a list in no particular order, with no specific reference to anything or anyone in particular.  So don't worry, I wasn't specifically talking about you if one of these fits your own description.

Whenever someone says, "that's my pet peeve."

People who are driving shittily, and then I notice they are on the phone.  It's illegal to drive and use your phone in California, so don't do it.  Oh, and you can't drive properly when you are using your phone, so don't do it.

People who block you when going to the checkout line, and then they take forever at the register because they are disputing how something was rung up or are trying to use an expired coupon, or are trying to use all their food stamps and make everyone wait while they run to get one more thing.

People who aren't aware of their spatial presence and stand in the way until you have to push by them and say excuse me, and they still don't move.

People who take their sweet time walking across a crosswalk, even though they see that they are backing up traffic.

When an episode of "Locked Up Abroad" isn't very good because the narrator is not truthful or just doesn't do a good job of telling the story.

People who don't hold up their end of a bargain, and then turn around and blame it on others.

Tape that doesn't stay on the dispenser reel properly and keeps sticking back onto the roll.  Then I have to spend several minutes unpeeling it, and it rips and I end up wasting a lot of tape in the process.  Oh, and the same goes for plastic wrap.

Machines that take money, and the money gets stuck in the machine and doesn't process, or the machine won't take a perfectly new, crisp, unfolded dollar bill.

Websites that have links that are expired, go to a horrible pop up advertising website, or go to a website that informs you that the particular link is available.

These rubber ponytail holders that I've had for a few months.  They are supposed to be ouchless, but they are a little better than rubber bands that one would use in an office setting.  I have this thing though, that I don't feel like I can buy new ones until the old pack is finished.  Also, if I buy a new pack, then I'll probably get a buyer for my hair that day.  Hm, maybe I should buy a new pack.

Being awakened from a deep sleep.  It can be an afternoon nap or in the middle of the night, or even half an hour before I would normally wake up.  I do not sleep peacefully as a general rule, so any deep sleep is bliss.  If you want to see me at my absolute worst, go ahead and wake me up.

When the TV picture pixelates when I'm watching a riveting TV program.  That is the worst!  Even more annoying than when a video on the internet is slow in buffering, because that is expected.

The voices of the kids downstairs when they come home from the club at 1:15 am and feel the need to all congregate outside of the apartment and talk really loud.  I sound like a cranky old lady!  Just call me Annie Rooney.  I wonder if they are looking for a replacement for Andy Rooney.  I would love to have that job!!!

When I can't think of something funny to write about on the blog, which is unfortunately often.

When I don't win the lottery.

People who get away with committing felonious crimes and are proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment