Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

You Gotta Play The Part

So, on a rare occasion we are going out on a Friday night.  With friends.  No band gig.  So, even though I took a shower last night and didn't exert much effort today thus didn't perspire, I took a shower again tonight.  So, these friends of ours have been married just a year.  And they just moved into a new house.    We are going to meet them for "beer and cheap eats"  so I'm going to assume that they are not pregnant. Yet.  They plan things.  So, I'm sure they will shortly start trying to get pregnant.

Anyhoo, their names on the food blog were Mr. Interested In You (Mr. IIY) and Valley Girl (her condo was in Mission Valley).  So, they are great.  Mr. IIY is like the most genial guy.  He's like just a really nice guy who remembers conversations with people and he's a good conversation starter.  He looks like a younger Kurt Warner, the retired Arizona Cardinals quarterback.  One of our friends had a crush on him so much, that her boyfriend's mom warned the boyfriend to watch out for girlfriend and Mr. IIY.  It's fine now though.  That other couple are engaged and successful and doing very well together.

Valley Girl is like a great person too.  She looks kind of innocent.  Just like her face looks so sweet, and maybe the way she dresses.  But, she's fun and she does like to party.  And she looks like my dear friend from Nola, who used to be a party girl back in the day.  So, they are a great couple and it's always great to hang out with them on rare occasions.

So, this couple makes people question their appearance when going out with them.  Okay, it makes the FP and me question our appearance.  Like, if the two of us were just going for drinks, I would put the first going out compatible bottoms on, and any comfortable shirt.  I probably wouldn't do anything to my hair if it didn't look too fucked up.  But what did I do tonight?  I brushed my hair.  This is generally no easy task, as it's usually all knotted and dreaded up.  But luckily, I had washed and combed my hair yesterday, and put tons of frizz ease in it.  So It just needed about 5 more pumps of frizz ease and a fast brush through.  But then I looked at myself in the mirror, and I noticed my part.

So, I part my hair on the left.  I think I always have.  I know there have been times way back when, when a stylist has tried to part it on the right, and then quickly flipped it back.  So anyway, my part was about half an inch too far in the center.  It was more like an exercise, work or housecleaning part.  Yes, there is a difference.  If it's parted more to the side, then it is more likely to fall in my face, which is fine for socializing, bad for working.

And really, you say, does a part that much more to the side make that much of a difference?  Well, yeah.  One time, I don't recall if it was one of the FP's other band's show or one of our band's show, but, I had carefully washed my hair, combed and brushed it, and put the part in the appropriate location.  I mean, sometimes you have to redo your part, or move a couple hairs to this side, a couple to that side.  Sometimes if I'm feeling ambitious I'll do the crisscross part.  Anyway,  I didn't style it.  I just washed, combed and parted it.  I might have put the frizz ease in if we had some.  But, like, everyone commented on how nice my hair looked.  Like, it was like, what did you do different?  My answer was, I washed it.

So, I'm feeling pretty sassy, like I should be on a Garnier Fructis commercial.  I mean, I've used that shit long enough to be a damn spokesperson.

No comments:

Post a Comment