Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

OCD Much?

So, the FP went to the bar without me for the first time in months.  It's a beautiful day, so he decided to go to the Ruby Room with his bandmate.  If you don't know the Ruby Room, it's a very dark dive bar that often has art shows and bands and goth nights.

So, you ask why didn't I go?  Well, here's why:

1.  I didn't feel like drinking.
2.  I didn't feel like hanging out in a dark dingy bar in the middle of the afternoon.
3.  I figure the FP could use some guy time at the bar, since I'm always around.
4.  I had this noxious strong and very diffusive gas, that no human should be subjected to.
5.  I wanted to look for a cat carrier.

So, as you know, unless you never read this blog, we are moving across the country.  Also, as you know, if you are an avid UnnecessarySupplement reader, we have two cats; Stinksy and The Fuzz.  So, we had to buy a second carrier on the fly the other day before going to the vet.  Have you ever tried to put two full grown cats in the same pet taxi?  It's difficult.  Once you get one in, and you're trying to push the other in, the first one is trying to make a break for it.  So, we got a carrier that was just too small.  And we used it, so we are stuck with this small carrier.  I suppose if we ever get that pomeranian that the FP wants, it will be perfect for it.

Anyway, we began a quest to find another carrier for The Fuzz.  Stinksy is actually pretty comfortable with his.  I have been putting cat treats in the carriers.  So, Stinksy will reach in the small one and take them out, as he can't even fit in that one.  But with his pet taxi, he will hang out in there after eating all the cat treats!

So, I googled pet stores today.  It seems like there are not any stores specializing in cat products.  I mean there might be, but I didn't find any.  It seems that all the independent pet stores are focused on fish or dogs.  So there's stores like Wag N Tails and Bow Wow Boutique.  I'm sure they also have cat stuff too, but I don't want to support a place that discriminates against cats.  Even though I feel like all pet stores do.  There's always way more aisles for dogs.  Not that I don't love dogs and want to get one soon.  But, what about the fancy cats?!  And I know, a pet carrier is a unibreed kind of contraption.  But it's the principle!  I'm going to start a protest movement.... Occupy Canine Diego.  Yeah.  I'm going to round up a bunch of cats and have them all gather in front of all the dogcentric pet stores.

Anyhoo, so, I got home and I started googling pet carriers.  And here, 4 hours later, I finished picking one out and I am blogging about it.  Is that too much time spent on research for something that will probably ultimately disappoint?  I'm kind of... OCD.  Like I have a few "specifications" as my dad would say, that were required for The Fuzz's pet limo.

1.  Couldn't be hideous and utilitarian looking.
2.  Had to be kind of girly, as she is a fluffy dainty short plump kitty.
3.  Had to have plenty of mesh windows so she could see what the fuck was going on.
4.  Had to have at least 2 ways of trying to cram her into the thing.
5.  Had to have soft sides so it wouldn't take up so much room in the car.
6.  Had to be longer, wider and taller than that little carrier that we bought.
7.  Could not be overly pricey.
8.  Should be as cute as possible. (We were hoping for Hello Kitty, but those are like $140 +)
9.  The Fuzz should be able to get used to it and be comfortable in the thing.

So, I looked.  And looked.  And looked.  There are a shitload of pet carriers out there in world wide webland.  There are a lot that have cute designs, but barely any mesh windows.  And most of the cute ones are small, because, really they are aimed at girls and ladies with teeny dogs.

So, there was a cool tote bag one that was pretty cheap, and each of the four panels was all mesh.  But when I looked up the dimensons, it was like tote bag dimension.  Which is fine for carrying your teeny teacup chihuahua around the Bebe store, but not so fine for your fussy cat to be hanging out in.  Although, since I already wasted money on one pet carrier I didn't need, I should have just bought it.  It could have been a step towards becoming a pet carrier hoarder.

So, then I saw this pink duffle bag type carrier that had lots of mesh all the way around.  It was light pink with a zebra stripe liner pillow inside.  So it wasn't the cutest, but I liked the mesh ratio.  Even though I figured, the more mesh, the more flimsy, right?  So, that one was a bookmarker, although I didn't bookmark it.

Then I found this basket.  It came in red, green or black, floral pattern.  It had an aluminum frame, and 3/4 of the fabric panels around it were mesh!  This was so Fuzz!  But there was no description about the size of the thing.  It said small.  So I searched and searched, and after a long as time, I found out that it was too small, but there was a large size as well.  But it had to be shipped from Australia and delivery time was like 10 - 20 business days.  So, it would be a nail biter as to whether or not we would get it in time.  So, after almost 4 hours, I decided on the pink and zebra print one.  Hopefully it will hold up long enough to make it through our trip to Florida!  When this thing arrives, The Fuzz won't even appreciate that it took me hours to research and pick out this damn carrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment