Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not Cool

It's 96 degrees according to my dashboard weather app.  Really.  It's air conditioning weather.  Go ahead, tell me how I have to get used to it.  It's hotter and humid in Florida.  I know this.  Doesn't mean I don't want to enjoy the "perfect" San Diego weather as much as I can before I leave.

Now, several hours later, at 10:04pm, it's still 71 degrees.  That's hot for here.  I can't complain too much, because I was painting one of my sophisticated critiques of society that I do, and the paint was drying lickety split.  Lickety split.  You don't hear that phrase much nowadays.  And speaking of nowadays, I don't think people say nowadays nowadays, do they?

I think I had a topic to write about today.  I should really write them down like I used to.  I'm such an unorganized person.  As often and desperately I try to turn over new leaves, new bushes, new redwoods sometimes, I can't keep it up.  It's like I'm unmotivated, like I have chronic fatigue syndrome, or I'm lazy.  Like currently, I have easily over 100 emails in one mailbox, and probably another 150 in another that simply need to be deleted.  But the past week or so, I've just been glancing at the emails, opening ones I need to read and disregarding the rest.  And I know this is how I tend to miss important emails.  But I simply don't want to do it.  Maybe I will let so many build up that it will take several hours to delete them all.  Then, the day that I finally delete them, that will have been my productive chore for the day.

Speaking of productive chores, this not working thing can make one very unproductive very fast.  I mean, before, I would feel like I had to do productive chores for 8 hours a day.  Then it became 6, then 3.  Now, I'm lucky if I did something that I feel is of worth for an hour.  Like I can justify writing this blog as being enough of a task for the whole day.

How the hell am I ever going to be able to work again?  Should I just try to get knocked up?  So trying to get knocked up would be one job.  Being pregnant would be another.  Raising a kid would be the next job.  And then I could force the FP to get a really good job with benefits and stuff.  While I fully realize this whole housewife thing.  There really is no need for a full time housewife when your living space is like 600 sq ft and you have no kids or dogs.  I think that would be confusing to people.  It would be like, what do you do all day?  Let's explore this further.

8:30 am  Get up, and pour myself an iced coffee from the coffee that the FP brewed 1 - 4 hours prior to my waking up.  If there is no brewed coffee, then I ask, "No coffee?"  and I make some.  Then I get on the computer if the FP is not on it anymore.

9:30 am  Maybe take a shit if I'm lucky.  I don't have a regular schedule like that.

9:45 am  Change clothes and go for a jog.

10:15 am  Come back from the jog, maybe do a few pushups, do some exercises with my little 5lb weights.

10:30 am  See if there is stuff for lunch.  If not, maybe go and make groceries for lunch.  Usually I don't plan far ahead enough to get something for dinner, so I come home and ask myself why I didn't get food for dinner too.

11 am  Depending on what we're having for lunch, I make it or the FP makes it.  He generally makes salads and heats up soups.  If we have french bread sandwiches, he makes them.  If we have sourdough bread sandwiches, I most likely make them.  Stir fry...generally speaking for lunch, the FP makes them.

11:30 am  Go back on the computer, to see if anything changed in the past hour.  The FP gets the pillows and puts the futon in bed mode and watches his sports shows.  If I am tired, then I might lay down also.  Yes, I get tired 3 hours after waking.  I should have grown up in one of those countries that have siesta.  I totally need that.  And it doesn't have to be a heavy meal that makes me sleepy.  Any meal will make me drowsy 15 - 45 minutes after consumption.

12 pm  Fall asleep for an hour.

1 pm  Wake up and watch Dan Le Batard Is Highly Questionnable with the FP.  We laugh at it and say, "Well, I think this show is funny."

After this, my day gets more varied from the routine.  Either I stay on the futon until sometime after the FP goes to work, or I get up and get on the computer, do some packing, maybe do some cleaning if I feel energized.  Usually, sometime around 6 pm I tend to stop my chores and watch mindless TV while trying to write this blog.  If I'm not fully focused on the blog - like I don't know what to write about or it just isn't good - then I will totally just turn around in the computer chair and watch that episode of That 70s Show that I've seen countless times.  If there is dinner to be cooked, then I will start it anywhere between 5 pm and after the FP gets home from work.

If I had a kid or a dog, there would be lots of feeding, walking, entertaining, cleaning up poop and fun stuff like that.  But I don't have a kid or a dog.  So I'm just a lazy parasite sucking from the unemployment pool.  Well, I will be working soon enough, I'm sure.  Some crappy low paying job with horrible hours and a mean boss that doesn't know how to manage people or cook.

Man, I really really need to win the lottery!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment