Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

FYI - TFH is out of the office.

So, I will not be able to post the next two days.  I apologize, but I am going to LA to hang out with my lifelong BFF one more time on the west coast before we move.  : )  and :(   If we had 2 computers or I had an ipad or something, then I would be posting.  Unfortunately, at this time, all I have is a shitty tween phone that I will be barely able to check my email on.

So, here I am writing a post to tie you over for two days.  Unfortunately, I got nothing.

I'm sitting here feeling pretty geeky.  Friday night.  In my sweats.  Sitting at the computer blogging.  Eating yogurt and granola.  Eating at the computer is so....depressing to me.  But, I need to get this blog post done, and I need to eat something before I start to get the dizzy shakes, so there you have it.  I know, you're probably saying, I eat at the computer all the time.  Yeah, yeah.

Since we got this fancy computer, I am very anal about eating and drinking while on it.  Never put a drink or food directly next to it.  Never.  And don't eat or drink over it.  That's just stupid.

I spent quite a bit of time gently cleaning the computer yesterday.  The palm rest, the track pad, and the area around the power button were especially dirty.  The FP tends to have dirty hands.  When we first got this thing, he always washed his hands before he got on it.  Not so much now....

So, I was sitting at the computer with my granola and yogurt stationed a foot away, but I would turn away from the computer to eat.  And now I'm done eating.

My lips are all chapped because I didn't drink water for 2 hours earlier this evening.  Seriously.  I dropped the FP off at band practice.  I went to Staples to buy bubble wrap and a colored ink cartridge.  Then I went to Mitsuwa to see if there was anything new and cute in the gift store.  There was.  Cool new fancy Hello Kitty purses.  I didn't buy anything, but I was in there for a good 20 minutes.  It was confusing, because there was a line by the last aisle.  It looked like it was the line to the checkout counters, but then it seemed like the line to get the discount end of the night sushi.  I didn't really understand.  But it was a long ass line.  Then I went in to Ross just to see if they had any plain black skirts or cool dresses.  Nope.

Then I went to Albertson's to get some snacks for my trip.  I am mortally afraid of being stuck on the bus (the amtrak isn't running from Irvine to San Diego on the weekends due to maintenance, so there's a bus instead) starving and feeling weak and passing out on a stranger's arm.  And I also hate going back to a hotel late at night and being hungry, but there's nothing to eat but stale vending machine chips or overpriced chips from the front desk.  So I got a few granola bars.

So, I had some water in the car, but I had trouble getting the cap off while I was driving.  And I only thought about drinking when I was driving, of course.  So I had one sip of water in those 2 hours.  And then I got home and was doing stuff, so really, I didn't drink much water for 3 hours.  And now all this talk about being thirsty is making me thirsty.

Oh, and it's making me not think straight.  So, I went to grab a spare house key, so that I had it on me. The FP is taking me to the train station, so he will have the keys, but you never know when you need a  key just in case.  So, when I was looking at the keys on the hooks, I noticed the old car keys were not there.  So I looked in the usual places.  We haven't used that key in months.  Then I remembered when I noticed that somehow, sometime, someone tried to steal the car.  I could only guess that the alarm wasn't set, and someone tried to dismantle the alarm.  The panel that was there seems to be missing.  Well, it is missing.  So, we have no idea where or when this happened.  I think I only noticed because I felt the wires touch the top of my foot.  So, anyway, I began to think that maybe someone got in the house somehow, and took the car key and tried to steal it.  Really.  That's what I thought.  And I tried to think how this could have happened.  Like the door would was unlocked and someone snuck in when we were home?  But it's a tiny apartment.  I would notice someone coming in.  And I thought, did we have those keys and drop them outside?

Then I looked on the floor under this plastic bin.  And there the key was.  Duh.  Stupid me.  I tend to not think straight when preparing for a trip.  And it doesn't matter how long or short the trip.  I just get crazy because I start thinking of things that could go wrong.  I mean, a lot could go wrong on a trip.  A lot could go wrong as I sit here at the computer.  That's just the way my mind works.  Yeah, there's therapy and drugs.  But I don't got insurance for that kind of head shrinking stuff.  And if I'm functioning, I probably wouldn't bother too much anyway.  Oh, I suppose, sometimes it would be good to have someone to turn to.  But I would hate to have a regular thing.

I hate appointments.  I hate waiting until that exact time of an appointment.  And I hate being late to an appointment, even a minute.  I hate walking in to an appointment at exactly the appointed time.  And I hate waiting on someone who is late for an appointment.

Oh, and here's another thing that just happened to me.  I was in the bathroom gathering things for the trip.  I bent down to reach a cabinet, and something in my knee snapped.  Like it got bent the wrong way.  From squatting.  And it was so painful.  At first I thought my knee was fucked.  I hobbled back to the computer chair and put my knee up on the ottoman.  So I sat here for a couple minutes.  Then I tested the knee.  It was tender, but not nearly as painful as it was.  But now, I am walking very gingerly on it.  I think I should ice it.  I hope it's better tomorrow!

So, there you have a little peek into my psyche.  I guess all this blog is, is a dive and a swim around into my psyche.  Yuck.  That sounds gross and uncomfortable.  Ewww.  I feel sorry for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment