Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tired

Do I have to write this?  I feel too tired to be funny tonight. or to even blather coherently about anything.  I think I had 3 or 4 hours of sleep last night, and I cannot function on less than 6 hours of sleep anymore.  I lose IQ points.  Permanently.  Like I almost typed "I loose IQ points."  I guess because they are always too tight?

Anyway, this lady comedianne (this word bugs me) was on Craig Kilborne tonight.

I'm going to continue kind of in the vein (that is a gross saying) of the blog from yesterday.  Females and humor.  So, I think that some women are overlooked in that department.  It's like if a woman tries to make a joke and it flops, then a male may pat her on the head and say, "that's cute, you tried to make a joke."  The female may be me and the male may be the FP.

Getting back to the Kilborne Show lass.  She was not funny.  After the talk about women and their funnyness credability, I so wanted her to be funny.  So she was dressed like a real mom with some peach or pink blouse and a gold chain necklace thing.  I feel like her look was so not funny that it distracted me from her jokes, which weren't really funny.  Maybe if she had been really crass and profane, the look would have worked because it would have contradicted the jokes.  But it was just like typical men think they're awesome and we know they're not jokes.

So, my sister told me I should do stand up, which is very flattering.  But I don't know if my jokes in conversation would play out in a one way conversation, or an act.  I'm really not good at telling stories, so I couldn't be a story teller type of comedianNE.  I'm good at making fun of people and saying shocking things when least expected.  So, maybe I could just play it out by seeming to have a crappy routine with a not so funny story, and then hit them with some shocking racial joke with lewd language.  And I could dress in my bright mismatched clothes with striped knee length socks and stuff.

But I don't know if I could do open mic nights.  Those sound like a lot of pressure.  Maybe a youtube video of me doing stand up.  Or even better yet, I could do a series of bad stand up routines.  So bad that it's funny?
 
Okay, I obviously, so obviously need to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment