Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bear of a day


Bears everywhere.  I'm sure you've seen this one by now.  I just don't understand how this little guy got all the way in the store into the produce cooler before anyone noticed or stopped him.  Although, I guess if I saw a cute little bear gallop into my local grocery store, I would just follow it with a video camera and then post it on youtube.  Of course this is adorable, but one can't help but wonder where his mama bear is.  And then at the end of the video, they just take him out.  From what was reported, he was just left outside somewhere?  It's a baby bear!  You can't just kick it out to fend for itself!!!!


And then the guy in Ohio.  On to more serious disturbing news.  The guy with the exotic animal menagerie.  He had about 50 animals.  So, he only had licenses for like 4 bears.  He let all the animals out of their cages and then killed himself.  So, where was his wife?  Why didn't he just kill himself and leave someone to find the animals and rescue them?  Didn't he love them?  I guess he wanted to commit a murder suicide but couldn't kill the animals, so he left the local cops to kill them.  The pictures of all the dead animals laid out is so sad.  The guy had 18 bengal tigers.  All dead.  They could have been taken somewhere and taken proper care of.  What kind of person would do this?  And these cops.  I'm sure some of them will carry with them tremendous guilt for having to kill these beautiful creatures.


And then my poor Stinksy.  We put the pet carriers out so that the cats would get used to them.  The Fuzz doesn't like her carrier of course.  She has been known to go into Stinksy's for a bit, though, as seen here.



Stinksy, on the other hand, has been spending half the day in the thing.


I put a paw stocking with cat nip in there for him, but he wasn't really interested in it.  Anyway, even though he looks really cute in it, I'm a little worried.  Now that I know he has cardiomyopathy, everything he does out of the ordinary is going to worry me.  I mean, I put a soft Padres blanket down in there, and it's been cooler, so why wouldn't he want to hang out in there?  It's like his own little cave.  Cats are always trying to find enclosed spaces to nap in, so should I worry, right?

But it's like we feel like we don't want him to get too excited, like he's going to fall down dead.  I guess the vet didn't help any.  I went in to get his expensive pet food, so I talked to the regular vet when I was there.  She has a very stoical demeanor.  So it's kind of scary when someone like that is telling you that it could be degenerative and shorten his life............................ or some cats are known to live a full life with no complications.  Anyway, I am a real pessimist, but in this one case, I really want to try to take the optimistic route.

I mean, this fucking cat huddled in a hotel room behind our other cat while Katrina rattled around outside and shook the windows.  Talk about having a heart attack.  What the hell did these cats think was going on?  We brought them to a strange hotel room, and then in the middle of the night strangers banged on the door and took us away.  Shortly after, the hotel gets throttled with a crazy storm.  And then we took the cats back home and left them there alone.  Well, we gave the key to strangers who filled huge bowls of food and water for them.  But they were not happy with us.

Then later on, I picked up a puppy on the side of a busy street.  We fostered him for about a week.  Needless to say, the cats didn't take too kindly to having him in their house.

Right around then, Stinksy got neutered by a butcher, who carved his stomach looking for his other testicle, which she didn't find.  Then she, or whoever stitched him up did a poor job, and he chewed them out.  So, a series of vet visits followed, accompanied by the dreaded cone, and daily antibiotics.

And then, the FP took the cats on a cross country trip in an overstuffed 2 door Toyota Echo.  While having to give him antibiotics and keep his cone on.

Poor guy.  That earlier experience makes me think his heart is stronger than it looks on an echocardiogram.  At least that's what I hope.  I also want to get my money's worth out of this little guy.  He's one pricey American Shorthair.

No comments:

Post a Comment