Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Perfect Day

So, we had an amazing day!  10 am South Park Abbey for Steelers vs Titans.  We were the first ones there, got a good spot at the bar with a TV with sound.  Interestingly enough, some Titans fans showed up and sat behind us at a table.  We saw an old Sunday Abbey football buddy.  He's a boisterous fellow with funny stories.  Steelers won.

Went home, I took a nap and the FP made shrimp ceviche.

We drove up to Encinitas for a BBQ with the FP's bandmates.  So the guitarist and his girlfriend live several blocks from the beach in a super cute house with a nice front deck.  We hung out, drank, had some great food, saw a possum trying to sneak into the house.  After it got dark, we walked down to the beach to see the bioluminescent waves.  It was misty and the moon was bright, but we could still see it some.  It was pretty spectacular.  Every once in a while a big wave would start to break, and the blue light would crackle through the wave like electricity, then for a second or two the whole wave would be blue, then it would break.  Pretty amazing stuff.  One of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life!  I hope I can see it again before it goes away!

Anyway, a great day with good people and good food and drink!

I will leave you with photos of my latest paintings.  Night and Day of the Dead Cats  I realize that cats don't have bones in their ears or whiskers wouldn't remain if the skin was gone, but whatever, it's representational, and I'm not an "artiste" so just take it for what it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment