Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

I got a crab

So, we live in South Florida. It's like a jungle down here! Big huge green lizards, big blue iguana like lizards, curly tailed lizards, and land crabs too!

We live about a quarter mile from the canals, yet there it was, a crab in our backyard.

We were hanging out in the lanai (not a Florida room according to wikipedia: sunroom) when we heard a scratching against the wall.  I was scared it was a rat or something.

But I looked out, and lo and behold, it was not a rat!



So, I wasn't sure what to do.  The crab with the huge claw couldn't just hang out in the backyard.  If Rudy would see it, he would surely go up to it and probably get a claw in the nose...

So, I decided to put it in the big stock pot and just put it outside the fence somewhere away from our backyard.  I got the pot and a spatula to wrangle it in.  Then I put on my rain boots, because I didn't want to get pinced.

So I walked out to get the crabby crabberson, and it was gone!  I looked around the backyard and I couldn't see it.  So, I just hoped one of us didn't stumble into it later....




No comments:

Post a Comment