Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm not sure this is a lifestyle change I want to take on

Having to do my hair, that is.

So, I chopped it off.  Well, it wasn't as extreme of a chop off as I would have done.  But it's done.  I still have to deal with the weasel that is wrapped up in aluminum foil and hidden... somewhere in the house so that Rudy wouldn't get a hold of it and drag it around and chew on it.

Anyway, the guy thought that I needed to have some length to my hair and that going any shorter might not work...

I have had basically no hair several times in my life.

Well, I guess the shape of my face has changed and all.  Anyway, he cut my hair just above the shoulders.  So, I can put it in a ponytail.  But, if I don't style it, it's all curly and weird looking and very unstylish.  But I don't see myself styling it every day.  Especially at 6:30 am, just to put it in a ponytail.

So, tonight, I took a shower.  Then I combed it and put leave in conditioner in it.  I do have to say that it was nice to be able to even run a comb through my hair, now that all the dead dry wirey stuff is gone.

After I combed it, I blow dried it for a bit with a roll brush.  I don't even know how to handle a roll brush.  I got that brush a long time ago, but I never liked it.  But, I used it tonight, because I didn't want to have those inverse flippys.

After I blow dried, then I broke out the flat iron and turned it on to 400.  I spritzed a little more leave in conditioner, just in case.  And then I ironed my hair, making sure to curl it in at the end.

Then I finished with just a little teeny bit of oil like the hair guy said.

I should have timed it.  I think it took 15 - 20 minutes.  That's about 10 -20 minutes more than time time I used to take on my hair.  Unless I was trying to brush out the dreads.  Then that would be anywhere between 30 - 75 minutes, but I could sit and watch TV while I did that.

Anyway, here I am in bed, with a fairly nicely styled head of hair.  Tomorrow when I wake up, it will have to be restyled.

I don't know.  I'm thinking of going Miley Cyrus....or a Draco Malfoy...
I was doing that shit when she was just a baby shitting her diapers and puking on her mommy's back...

No comments:

Post a Comment