Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

I picked up the guitar

tonight.  For the first time in like forever.

I realized that as shitty as I was before, boy am I beyond rusty now.  I can't even imagine what it would be like to pick up the bass.  I always wonder if I would remember all those songs we used to play.  I would probably remember about a third of them.

That's sad, I know.  But, I want to play music again.  I don't know in what capacity, but I do want to do it.  It's fun.  It's uplifting.  It makes me feel a part of something, which is a rare feeling for me.  Even though I'm part of lots of microcosms, I always feel like the bubble that doesn't quite fit in.  The bubble that might quite possibly separate from the group and ruin the whole integrity of the microcosm.  And yes, I felt like that when I was a part of a band, but there were moments, when we were just playing music, that my universe felt like it was all in harmony.

I've been eyeing the sax too.  Because, I just got it worked on about a year ago.  And it's easier for me to express my soul from, with raw single note melodies.  But, maybe tomorrow.

Maybe tomorrow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment