Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Deal With The Towels

So, pretty much every action in my life has to be premeditated.  I mean, everything.

Because I'm a nutcase.  I don't need a diagnosis from a psychiatrist.  I just know.  I mean, sometimes I piss myself off because I'm slow to do things because I have to contemplate the best way to do things.

And because if I do something without thinking, it usually doesn't work out.

Anyway, I have a problem when I shower.  I usually try to think about what I have to do, or what time it is, then I decide what time is best to shower.  So, then I dig through the laundry basket, because that's where basically all my clothes always are, and I find something to put on after the shower.  Then I start the water.  I usually let it run a minute before I get in.  Then I shower.  Here's where my brain disconnect comes.

Sometimes I don't have a towel.  Because we just run laundry and then dump the clean clothes in the laundry basket, usually if I didn't get a towel, I expect one to be in the laundry basket.  But there isn't always one there.  And then, you might ask why there wasn't one on the towel rack.

Well, the one reason is that the towel rack fell, and I haven't "had the time" to put it back up.  The other reason is that we tend to take a shower, and then walk around the house in the towels, then throw the towel on the bed.  The towel ends up back in the dirty laundry pile, or hanging on the back of the bedroom door, or in the other bathroom.

So, usually, I need to check out the towel situation before I go to take a shower.  I remember most of the time.  Sometimes I don't.  But those times, I usually can find a towel in the clean laundry basket.

Not tonight though.  No towel in the clean laundry.  Except for a couple of hand towels.  So, I could have asked the FP to get me a towel.  Or I could have walked through the house nekkid.  But, instead, I just settled for drying off with my pool towel that was hanging on the shower stall.  I mean, the pool has chlorine in it, so it's not like dirty right?  It's like a sanitized towel...

So, that's the deal with the towels.  I need to hang a reminded sign in the bathroom - do you have a clean towel?

No comments:

Post a Comment