Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Homeownership Woes

So, I had plans today.  I didn't accomplish that many of them.

I did work on one though.  The bathtub drain.  It's been clogged for, oh, I don't know, several months.  There is no screen in the drain, so, you know, that's something a renter wouldn't worry about.  As a homeowner, one of the first things I should have bought on one of my many trips to Home Depot was a screen.  I never thought about it though.

And here I was today, trying to unclog it.  I had bought one snake that works with a power drill, but the snake unravelled and wouldn't go down into the drain.  So, I bought a cheaper one.  That's the one I was trying to use today.  I had to unscrew the overflow, which I only found out about by googling "my bathtub drain is clogged".  That took a long ass time.  The screws started to strip.  I tried to get the power drill out that my sis lent me, but the batteries were dead.  Their old, so they had not been charging well.  So, I kept unscrewing with my little screwdriver.  I don't know how long it took, but it felt like an hour.

Then I had to jam the snake down and manually twist the handlebar thing.  And twist and twist.  And it made that horrible scraping metal noise.  And it wouldn't go very far.  But I twisted and twisted.  And I got some nasty clumps of hair out.  They were covered in black liquid.  It was so gross.  But I could tell it wasn't enough.

So, I had to go to Home Depot and find another snake.

While I was there, this lady tried to talk me into getting a free kitchen remodeling estimate.  She said that I looked muscular like I worked out.  I told her I had been snaking a drain, so that was probably why.  Weird.  Sounds like a couple pick up lines to me.

Anyway, I came back and whipped out my new snake.  I cranked it out.  And I twisted and overtwisted, and I bent a kink into it.  So, I ended up not getting much more progress with this one.

But, when I ran the water, it would slowly drain, rather than just fill up the tub, so there was some progress.

Anyway, after that grueling process, I cleaned the tub.

Then I felt so dirty, that I needed to go into the pool.  But of course, Robby the Robot solar skimmer was stuck on Jaws the Great White automatic pool cleaner, and Jaws was just stuck.  So, I unstuck Robby.  Then I had to clean the pump filter.  Then I could swim.  And it felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment