Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sometimes, I'm an airhead

After all, I was blonde a few times in my life.

So, yesterday, when I was running errands, make them airrends, I went to get my hair chopped off.  I had been trying to sell it with only offers from people with hair fetishes.  They were willing to pay good money, but, I don't know if I can willingly let someone get off while stroking my dead pelt.

So, I just decided to get it cut.  If I can sell it, I might.  If not, I'll just donate it, which is probably what will happen.

Anyway, I went to park in a meter spot.  The only change I had was dollar coins.  I had used a $10 bill or a $20 bill to pay for something in a machine and the only change available was $1 coins.  So, now we have several.  Luckily, the city of Fort Lauderdale has pay by phone.  So that is what I did.  All I had to do was call the number and enter my pin number and the parking space number, and how long I would like to pay for.  That was it.  Then I was on my merry way.

I had a very pleasant haircut, and I was pretty happy with the light feeling of all that heavy hot mass of itchy hair being lifted off my shoulders.  I was walking to the car, when I saw an envelope on my windshield.

I got a ticket.

Because I'm an airhead.  When I did the pay by phone, I was paying for the Element, not the Mini.  When I had set up pay by phone, we did not have the Mini yet.  It never even crossed my mind that I was in the Mini, not the Element.

So, what did I do?  I called parking services right away from my handy dandy Mini bluetooth handsfree phone connection.  I admitted to the lady what I had done and I asked, is there any way you can cancel the ticket or reduce the fine?  Even the way I asked sounded like what and airhead would say.

But the lady said she would see what she could do.  She asked for my phone number.  She saw that I did have an account for an Element.  Then she asked for my Mini license plate.  I gave it to her.  She said that she would process the information and cancel the fine this one time, but next time, I was to remember to pay for the correct car.

I was elated.  This kind of stuff never works out for me!

Fast forward to this morning at work.  I had one missed phone call, and then my phone rang again.  It was the parking services lady.  She needed my license plate number again, because she couldn't find the Mini in the system.  So, we went over the letters again.  She was hispanic.  There was a little language accent barrier.  We had to do the B as in Boy thing.  So, we discovered that she had gotten the letters wrong.  So, then we cleared it all up, and I should be getting notice sometime in a week or so.  The End.

Or so I thought.  She called back a few hours later and left a voicemail in spanish.  Then she called about an hour after that.  I heard the phone, so I answered.  She had forgotten to ask me for my address. So I gave it to her.  And allegedly, that was it.  The matter was taken care of.

I think....

We'll just see what happens in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment