Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Big Yellow House

So, before we moved here, we finally took the cats to the vet and got them microchipped.  The vet gave us these big rubber yellow house ID tags with their microchip numbers on them.  We decided to get the cats collars and put the tags on them when traveling and after moving until they were familiar in their surroundings.  We didn't want them to run away and not have a collar.

So, the tags were silly, but we just never took them off.  Until my BFF came to visit.  She thought that Stinksy's collar was too tight, which it might have been, but he never minded it.  So, after that, we never put it back on.

But The Fuzz still has hers on.  I have tried to take hers off a few times, but it is impossible for me to unsnap with my nonexistent nails.  So, she still wears hers.  It really doesn't bother her.  And I think she likes bling anyway - she's a girly cat.

So, here's a video of her sporting her big yellow house.


And yes, that is a beer I'm moving.  I'm not offering it to her, I'm just trying to get her to look at the camera.  And then later in the video, I yell "off" when of course, Rudy is trying to jump on the counter....


In other pet news, I recorded part of the movie "Rudy" the other night.  Coincidentally, I was watching "Rudy" when my old friend from junior high called.  She went to Notre Dame, so I took it as a sign to answer the phone.  She didn't think I would answer, but surprise surprise, I did!

Anyhow, the FP noticed tonight that I had recorded "Rudy".  So he started watching it.  I told him it wasn't the whole movie, but it didn't really matter because we've seen the movie several times before anyway.  I had recorded it because I wanted to see if Rudy would respond to the end of the movie when the whole football stadium chants, "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!"  When that part of the movie came on, he was snoozing.  But after a little while, he raised his head and his ears perked up.  He looked at us, like, oh, they're chanting my name!  It was cute.  After all, that was the moment that inspired his name years before we even met him!

No comments:

Post a Comment