Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Out of the dark ages

So, I didn't blog yesterday because I didn't have cable or internets!

We were experiencing the effects of Isaac, yesterday.  So, while the power didn't go out, the cable did.  We had come home from work hoping to get on the internet and watch updates on the TV, and nada.

I tried to find a phone number for our cable - Xfinity - and on my primitive web browser on my phone, it was difficult.  So the FP had to look on his iphone.  And he found the number in a couple minutes.  So, he got the recorded message that said we should have our service back up by 11pm.

!11PM!!!!!

Needless to say, we were in bed snoozing way before the cable came back on.

Can I tell you though, how lonely and out of touch I felt?  I know, it's sad and losery.  But, that's the truth.  We don't have friends here.  We don't know our neighbors.  We don't have any "things" that we are a part of.  We don't even have a bar where we are regulars.  And as you know, I don't really talk on the phone.

So, the internet and the TV are my window to the outside world.  Sad?  Yes?  But true.

I remember when we were young and irresponsible and had friends and had bars down the street that we could walk to.  And we would wade to the bar.  We didn't do that yesterday.  Of course, we got home around 7pm.  So, we hung out in the lanai for an hour, then we had dinner, and we were in bed by 9ish.  So sad.

And now I just realized that the cable was out during Breaking Bad, so the DVR didn't record it! :(

Not a big deal, since I can get it on demand.  But it's sad.

We got off easy.  I just hope the gulf coast does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment