Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

going for 3

So, this is my third, count it, 1, 2, 3rd day in a row imbibing in the brew.  This is unusual.

Ok, if you knew me from way back when, you would say, I don't get it.

I don't really drink much anymore.  I mean, I often think, maybe I want a beer, and don't end up having one.

But I've been out of sorts lately.  Not sure why - stupid things at work, my one sis is recovering from a major operation that involved the C word, my other sis is buying a house, I have to go see my dad who I haven't seen since the horrible night of his birthday , the FP was out of town and lost his phone, the pet dramas, hormone imbalances, the desperate need for a two day weekend, etc.

Anyway, sometimes beer doesn't sound good or taste good to me, but lately it does.

So, on Tuesday night, I picked up the FP and we went to a local Italian joint for dinner on the way home.  I had a Peroni - about 3/4 of it.  Last night, when we stopped to buy lottery tickets (which I didn't win the big jackpot :( ) I got a 6 pack of Red Stripe.  I had one beer, then we went to the AT&T store. Then we came back and I had another beer floating in the pool in one of the ripped pool loungers.

And then today, when the FP was getting a beer in the fridge, he asked me if I wanted one, so I said, sure.

And there you have it.  4 beers in three days... that's crazy!!!!  Should I call AA now to schedule a meeting, or should I wait until it escalates?

No comments:

Post a Comment