Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Strange Days

So, we went to the beach this morning, like usual, to exercise.  The FP runs, and I just walk.  I find that so far, knock on wood, I won't get sick if I just walk.  If I jog, there's a chance that the first time I overdo it, I will get sick within two days.  So, I walk.  Which is ok.  It was pretty damn hot, so, it's enough exertion.

So, I got back to the car, and it was overcast, so I just walked onto the beach and looked at it for a couple minutes and went back to the car.  When I got back, these girls were asking people if they had jumper cables, which they did not.  So, then they asked me.  I knew I had the car jumper box, but I wasn't sure if it was charged.  So, I looked, and it was charged.  So, the driver and I tried to figure out the box.  I had not used it before then, so I didn't really know if there was a power button or not.  So we tried it the first time, and nothing happened.  Then the passenger reclamped the ends, and it started, easy as pie.  They thanked me, told me I had good karma (carma) and they were off.  I got to feel good about helping someone, and I didn't even have to break a new sweat doing it.

We got back to the house, and BFF informed us that she used our washer.  Why?  Because one of the cats had pissed in her clothes!  Oh no!  It's not really like them.  Sure, they have pissed on our stuff before, but I don't think they have ever pissed in any guest's stuff.  That wasn't very hospitable.  BFF does have a cat, so I don't know if they smelled him and were marking her stuff, or if he or she was being a jerk.  I can't help but feel like it was she, The Fuzz.  But I have no evidence.


After lunch, I took the FP to the dentist to get his temporary crown, and get fitted for a permanent one.  As usual, it took a while for them to send him back.  I had no idea how long it would be, so I waited in the waiting room.  I can have patience when needed.  But sitting in that waiting room drives me nutty.  There are only two local publications there  - I read one, and the other is in russian.  I did flip through the russian one today for lack of anything else to read.

After a little while, the assistant called me to the window.  She told me that the FP had instructed me to pay half of the bill today, and we would pay the rest on Monday.  Whhhhuuuuuaaaaaah?  Monday?  What's the point?  Well, I didn't worry about Monday.  We're kind of short of cash, so I just paid the first half.  I had told the FP to see how little we could pay today, so I guess half was it.

Anyway, after I paid, the FP texted me that it would be at least an hour, so I went home.  I was just sitting around with my BFF, talking, and surfing the internets, when we noticed a little hard turd on the bubble wrap that The Fuzz likes to lie on...hm....  Coincidence?

A while later, I got the text, so I went to pick up the FP.  When we came back, guess who had thrown up on the floor?  The Fuzz!  What is up with The Fuzz?

So, anyway, my BFF went to Miami to go on a night dive.  We went west to go to the outlet mall.  So, we said our goodbyes.  It had been a great visit!

We were shopping for clothes, because this weekend we are going to Pittsburgh to celebrate the FP's mom's birthday.  We had to make a huge circle around the mall before I found the right shoes at Nine West.  I have a huge issue with the shoe styles today.  There are the flats.  Like totally flat, the ones that look like ballet slippers.  They look dumb on my feet, and they hurt my feet.  Then there are the stilettos.  Or the pumps.  Wedges too.  They are all like 6 inches high.  I cannot wear those.  They hurt.  I look like an idiot in stilts trying to wear them.  And my feet and calves are too fat to pull those type of shoes off anyway.  So, the only shoes with heel height in between are.... "comfort shoes".  Old lady shoes.  I'm not at the point yet where I will give in to those.  So, we walked all over the mall and went into several shoe stores, before finding the right pair.

When we got home, we found out that the BFF's dive got cancelled, again!  Her dive got cancelled yesterday too!  Big bummer for her.  But, I guess she was going to stay down in Miami anyway.

And then, I got two voicemails.  One from the job I had had two callbacks for, and one from the damn company I had been waiting for a call from... Whole Foods.  WTF?  I've been waiting for jobs, and now two promising ones call almost simultaneously?

So, I called Whole Foods.  And the guy seemed genuinely interested to talk to me.  He definitely wanted to interview me.  But, not until Monday.  So... right after I come back from Pittsburgh.  If I don't take the other job.

I talked to the chef from the restaurant who was ready to offer me the job.  He wouldn't tell me what number he was offering, but they are starting training this weekend - when I will be out of town.  So, we agreed that I would go in and talk to him some more tomorrow.  I'm not sure how I feel.  I don't know what it would take for me to just accept the job tomorrow without seeing what Whole Foods has to offer.  I'm so bad at making decisions.  I always feel like I panic and make the wrong one.  So I don't want to do that again.  But if I'm indecisive, this restaurant may not want me anymore either... and then I could interview with Whole Foods and not get the job, or not get a very good starting wage.

Decisions, decisions.....I've been out of work so long, that I don't want to make a misstep going back into the workforce!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment