Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Anal Schmanal

Okay, I'm a little OCD!!! I admit it.  I like my numbers even and my food presentation odd.  Like if I set an alarm, I set it for 6:34 or 6:36, but not 6:35.  Although, I rarely use 6:30, for some reason.  It is an even number, but it feels too exact, I think.

As for the food thing, I would rather put five asparagus on a plate instead of four.  It just seems more .... evenly balanced.  In a lot of instances, you really need to put two halves of something on a plate, which is okay with me.  But if I can put three pieces instead, I will.

So, I washed the sheets today.  I am trying to be better about this, seeing as how we both have allergies.  I'm not OCD in the neat freak sense.  It's kind of unfortunate, because I almost wish I was.  I don't want to horrify you, but I can't even recall how often we used to wash sheets.  Let's just say that usually it would be prompted because they actually felt dirty, something spilled on them, or a cat shat, pissed or threw up on them.  We rarely ever just thought to wash them on a regular basis.

I went to put the pillow cases back on the pillows.  Easy enough task.  Unless you are me.  We have differently colored solid color pillow cases.  There are currently two purples, one light blue, one grey and one red.  So generally, the two purples go with the two older nicest pillows we have.  The grey goes to my second pillow, which is a new fluffy one with no support.  The red pillow case goes on my old flat pillow.  And the light blue one goes onto the FP's new fluffy pillow.  He also has an old flat one with a black pillow case, but it's currently hanging out on the couch.  The FP ends up sleeping on only one or no pillow sometimes anyway.

Anyway, I started putting the pillow cases on randomly.  I thought, what if the FP got both purples for his pillows, then we would know the purples are his?  But then, that left my pillow colors to be grey, red and light blue.  EAEEAEEEH! (sound of a buzzer)  You can't put red and light blue together.  If they are in two piles of pillows on the bed, that's ok.  But they can't be in the same pile.  So, I switched the purple back.  Although, I might have put the grey on my old nicest pillow.  So, I know, that's my goto pillow if I can only choose one in an emergency.

Yeah, I know, it's a little too much thought put into pillow cases.  And I can't quite explain it to the FP, but he must think I'm nuttier than squirrel poop (to use his terminology) when he grabs a pillow and I rearrange them all.  It's kind of something that I might have explained to him once, but probably not this indepth.  Anyway, if he reads this, then maybe he will gain a little more understanding into my OCD psyche, and how I'm not always necessarily nagging because of something he is doing wrong, per se, but because I need to have things a certain way for no other reason than that I'm OCD.

Anyway, another major OCD thing happened tonight.

So, we've been doing these cooking videos with him being his silly self and cooking food.  If you haven't seen them and you would like to, you can email me for the links. thefoodho@yahoo.com  I can't post them here, on the account of this supposing to be an anonymous blog.  But if you personally email me I will oblige, as long as you don't publicly out our identities!

Anyway, we were watching the video before publishing it to the internets.  The FP had not seen it yet. It was pretty ridiculous.  Now, being on the 6th dish, it's really about how ridiculous the next one can be.  So, we were watching.  On my computer.  In the studio, with the Apogee Duet attached to it.

Let me give you backstory.  This computer - this Macbook Pro 13" 8 gig memory, 500 gig hard drive, 2.7 GHZ intel core i7 - is my most prized possession.  I have a clear speck case cover on it.  I have this annoying keyboard/palm cover on it that is loose and doesn't fit the keys like a glove, but I use it because I don't want my baby to get dirty or scratched or anything.  I make sure to put drinks on a coaster a good distance away from the macbook pro, so condensation doesn't get under the macbook pro, or if the drink were to spill, there would be a good amount of space to hopefully save the macbook pro.  If I had a baby and I was holding the macbook pro and the baby off a cliff and I could only save one, I'd have to think about it before finally deciding that I would never be able to live down the bad publicity I would receive when the media found out I let my baby fall to save my macbook pro.  Everyone would be like, why didn't you just make sure to backup your computer regularly?

So, I think you get the point.

The Duet Apogee is also an important piece of equipment.  It allows us to document the genius of our music composition.  Ok, that might be a bit overstating it.  But, it's an expensive preamp used for recording music.

Anyway, you know where this is going, right?  We were watching the FP's absolutely ridiculous, I'm not sure if it had any content deemed useful, video.  This one part came on, and the FP laughed so hard that he did a spit take with his beer.  On my Macbook Pro and the Duet Apogee.  The majority of the beer spraying across the top of my Macbook pro screen.

I was shocked.

For a split second, I thought it was the FP's computer, and yes, I was relieved.  But then I realized it was my computer.  The FP started wiping it up with his WVUM T shirt that I had gotten him.  But then I just told him to not worry.  So, we kinda watched the end of it, distractedly.  So, then, I took my poor baby into the kitchen and wiped her or him down with a computer cloth with the special alcohol spray for computer screens.  And I tried to take the keyboard cover off and just wipe it down.  But it was sticky and had little lint and stuff all over it anyway.  So, I took it off and dunked and rinsed it in a mug full of hot water.  Then I hung it to dry on my camera tripod.

So, I'm typing on the naked keypad.  It feels so wrong.  I want to use gloves so my oils don't smear onto the keys, like they are doing right now as I type.

I know, some people are of the theory that Apple products are works of art, (art made by little children in China who kill themselves because it's slavery) and they should be used, unfettered.  Well, I guess I'm kind of like the grandma with the plastic couch cover, in that respect.  I do keep throw blankets on the couch.  But that's partially because they are soft and cuddly like blankies, and they are comfortable to lie on.

Anyway, I feel the need to end this.  That way, I can stop and wipe down the keys already.

No comments:

Post a Comment