Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

My How Things Change

I think I spent at least an hour deleting old emails.  I thought I was pretty up to date on that, and then I noticed there were lots of junk email and old notice of payment emails that I really just don't need.  I don't need to have my physical space, my mental space, and my cyber space ALL cluttered up with useless shit!!!!!

Anyway, in keeping with that little bit of a sentimental hoarding nature, I did save some emails that are old, so that I could post them here before deleting or just keep them.  Let's see some of them:



This is a back and forth from me and BFF.  She had the kind of job where she found herself working in different parts of the country.  She was working in DC during these emails.  She had moved to the OC after grad school, and then years later she ended up having to move to Miami.  She ended up loving it there (here).  She did get a divorce, but then she had a relationship with a hot cuban who is like her soulmate, but they do not necessarily seem destined to spend the rest of their lives together, maybe?  Now she's in Las Vegas and she misses Miami.  At least she gets to visit the OC and LA still, I guess.   It's strange and weird that we just kind of seem to ping pong across the country.



TFH wrote:


I can't believe the liquor laws are like that, I
> guess
> they are saving the hard stuff for the politicians?
>
> I am glad that you are better even though you feel
> like shit, how long is this going to last?  And how
> does one get meningitis anyway?
>
> You know I don't really cry much anymore like I used
> to, but hearing about you and stuff has made me cry.
>
> I really think I have to have a couple of kids some
> day to make you move close to us...
>
> So Miami, we will come visit if we have to, but not
> during hurricane season.  We love cuban food so its
> all good for us.  Just as long as we don't have to
> set
> foot around those clubs with the ropes and no line
> that make people wait outside for 10 minutes to look
> cool.
>
> Burningman is how much?  The only thing is that we
> still need to go to nola some time and I should
> visit
> the rugrat at some point in Colorado.
>
> I'll let you know if TFP does go there.
>
> In good uplifting news....well, we're playing a show
> on Wednesday.  I can invite Ken if you give me his
> email or phone number.  My friend Susan and I walked
> around this music festival in the neighborhood and
> handed out flyers. I was so not myself, but really
> myself at the same time you know?  You know, I hate
> people in general but when I'm wasted I want to talk
> to them....
>
> Oh, and our friend who's from nola just
> started
> working at the wine bar down the street, so that's
> exciting, except you're not going to come visit
> anymore...  Oh, and I'm addicted to ...  I try to
> limit myself, but the recovery process is slow.
>
> TFP's dad is in Cali and he is coming today to go
> to
> brunch or something.  He is freaking out because
> TFP
> is working so much that he can't really see him.
> He's so needy.  I know I'm needy, but TFP likes
> me...
>
> What else? Our band is like tearing our guitar
> player and his girlfriend apart.  We have a practice space
> now, and so we've been practising a lot and she is
> jealous of us. We don't
> try to get this third friend that is obsessed with
> us
> for a while, it just happens.  But he's been
> demoted
> as my best friend in SD.  Susan's replaced him.
> Should I tell him and rub it in, or should I be
> mature.  Oh wait, I'm talking about being friends
> with
> 21-24 year olds. I guess I have my answer.  I'm
> really
> just babbling because I have that day after drinking
> delerium.
>
> I fucking hate Sunday.  It's just the day before I
> go
> back to work.
>
> At some point you will meet Terra I hope.  Have you
> talked to Cathy?  Or is she too scary?
>
> I hope you feel better, I can't believe this fucked
> up
> shit happened to you.  I love you, take care.











BFF wrote:

> ....welllll.... no burning man for me - life likes
> to keep me disappointed....
>
> do you think that you and TFP could go on a camping
> trip with Adam and I the week of August 13th
> sometime... we will be leaving california for miami
> the next weekend... very sad.







feeling almost 75% (which is good for me!).... just missing California and worrying about liking Miami....  both Adam and my families are thrilled though, so that is nice....

Obviously not looking forward to worrying about weather again --- but I guess it is better than having a big ass earthquake sneak up on me with no warning, at least that is what I am telling myself... plus, I do do like walking barefoot in the rain when it is warm out (i almost wrote worm out --- i must have been thinking about those pesky puddle worms!)...

remember that big ass mud fight we got into at the garnet and gold house?  that was a fun day.


i can't wait for a camping trip --- I was thinking about baha... but best to stay on our side of the border in case we want to bring anything fun...  can you guys get disney fun paper?  that is code since GW is reading my mail....  if so, we should do that maybe...


still haven't seen Terra, but hope to next weekend or at least when TFP might be here.





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Here's one from a guy who was my bf in high school for a short period of time.  I think the time leading up to and after being together was way longer than the actual dating.  Years and years later, we are now friends, and TFP is also buds with him.  In fact, we went to Ybor City with him last weekend and the two of them were having a grand old time hanging out, drinking, shooting the shit....


Anyway, this is an old email from him about a girlfriend who was my BFF's brother's BFF's girlfriend, then wife.  So, this girl and her daughter ended up moving in with him.  Unfortunately, they split up an she moved out last summer.









awwwee...that sucks, maybe you'll come back to hell one day too..haha
 
Not much is up, I met a chick I brieifly met many years ago, she was a friend of mines girlfriend. They were together for a long time and she has a daughter, she's really cool and smart, but she smokes pot, so I'm having my issue with that, you know me with my mental illness against anything I don't do you can't either...but I'm trying to be accepting, and the fact that I can't smoke it because I know what it does to me and it is not pretty, plus I'm not a kid needing to experience shit, my mind is naturally psychodelic anyway...it just sucks...life sucks...
 



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a back and forth between me and our of our favorite people on the planet.  Don't worry, we have a lot of favorite people.  Although it is true, I sometimes kind of hate people in general.  It's a... dichotomy.  Anyway, the update, is the lady he was dating at the time of these emails eventually became his wife, they bought a house... and they are working on expanding the family.




TFH wrote:
So, 
I have no idea if you get these emails or not.  Oh well.  I
hope Valerie is
better.  Me, I'm still pretty shitty, but TFP's
sick, so I have to take
care of him now....

Anyway, this is the first time I've really been on the
computer in a week.
So I found out Peter Murphy tickets at the HOB are on sale
2 for 1 today.
Do you know who that is?  Anyway, we are going.  Which is
crazy because were
going to the Cure on June 1 in LA, then in San Diego on
June 3, which we
don't have tickets for, then we're seeing Peter
Murphy on June 4, and then
Sigur Ros is playing TJ on June 8.  It sucks though because
that's a
festival.  I'd rather just see them and one or 2
opening bands... 



Mr. IIY wrote:

Who is this?



TFH wrote:

I'm that girl that you slept with, and then you said you'd take me out to
dinner on a "real" date, but then you never called me.  I tried to call you
but you said you were on the other line and you would call me back, but you
never did.  Then I saw you out and you acted like you didn't know who I was.
You were with your friends, and I heard you laughing as I walked away.  I'm
in therapy because of you.  Thanks, Mr IIY.






Mr IIY wrote:


You're not pregnant, are you?






TFH wrote:


Actually, I had your baby 2 months ago.  His name is Mr. IIY, Jr.  I don't
expect any support from you, but if you could set up a college fund for him
it would be a nice gesture.  Maybe he can go to Notre Dame.





Mr. IIY wrote:

Here's the paternity test - How many eyebrows does he have?






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Here is an email from Mr. IIY to a local SD radio DJ.

Mr. IIY wrote:

Halloran – we have been huge fans of 94.9 since you guys came to town.  Bringing back some alternative classics and staying on the edge of new music was what made you guys awesome and we have literally been listening to you at work, all day, every day for years.  As huge music fans in our early thirties, we have a great appreciation for some of the early nineties rock n roll – however, it seems that in the last 4 to 6 months, those “classics” have taken over the station.  We want to know why.  I like the toadies, but when I hear the same toadies song every day, it loses its nostalgia – same with the cult, nirvana, smashing pumpkins, etc.  seriously, you guys just followed the toadies with Oasis  - wonderwall.  Is there just a  lack of great new music?  Is the indie scene not just a road you guys want to go down?  Have advertisers figured out that the money is in playing music from 1995?  We will listen to you guys no matter what because of all you do for SD and the music scene, but our CD player has been getting more and more play during the day lately.

Respectfully your insider,




So, Halloran ended up calling him and talking to him.  He said that basically, that is the stuff that the listeners request.  So they have to play that stuff.  Anyway, they had a nice talk, he gave a shout out, and it was a special day at work for Mr. IIY!  


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 



TFH wrote:
So,
I think you were right about how I shouldn't work for these people. Young Burns Body is kind of unstable.  He makes some very bad decisions.  He's too panicky too when we're slow.  Oh well, I guess I'll ride it out.
 
So, you must be very bored weekday mornings now.  Do you have any new lame jokes?
 
A ham sandwich walks into a bar.  He orders a beer.  The bartender says, sorry we don't serve food here.
 
A panini sandwich walks into a bar.  He orders a Peroni.  The bartender says, that will be 4 bucks.  Panini sandwich says, can you spot me - I'm hard pressed.
 
A french dip walks into a bar.  He takes a seat at the bar.  The bartender says, oh, hi Pierre - the usual?

 Italian Chef wrote:


I'm sorry to be right again...................
I will came and try out the loony house,
as jokes  goes a  scientist  find a frog and the frog say to the him kiss me and i will became a beautiful princess,the scientist  look a the frog and pit her back in is pocket , again the frog say the story about the princess ,plus he can spend a week making love to her , again the scientist ignore her finally she ask why and the he replay that since is a scietist he work all the time and dosen't have time for  a girlfriend but man a frog who speack that's cool


TFH wrote:

Ha!

That was funny, but just because I read it in your voice, not really because the content was funny....
 
 
Who granted the monster his deepest wish? 
 
His scary godmother.  Get it?  Probably not.  I have to teach you more english....
 
 
 
 
Which building has the most stories in the city?
 
The library.
 
 
 
Why did the mentally challenged man go to Office Depot to prepare for the hurricane?
 
Because someone told him to stock up on staples.
 
 
 
A man was at a bar hitting on every woman there.  Every woman turned him down, and some threw their drinks at him.  One woman who he hit on was a witch.  She turned him into a dog.  The first thing he did was to chase his tail.  The witch said, you're really a man.  Why do you chase your tail? The man answered, because all I did when I was a man was chase tail.....






So, unfortunately, I think I deleted all the back and forths with the creepy guys who wanted to cut my hair for pleasure or pay for a video of my hair being cut for pleasure.  I think they were too creepy and I didn't want them contaminating my email folders....

Anyway, I forget that I used to have a sense of humor, and I used to be different......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment