Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

In The News

So, do you ever read the news or watch the news and think, yep, the world is definitely coming to an end - or maybe it should if it isn't?

Maybe that's just me.  What's in the news today?  Let's see.  Syria is a big mess.  Innocent people are being killed.  Hundreds of people have already died, medical supplies are running low and no one is ready to help.  Images on CNN show burned up children asking the TV why this happened to them and why is no one helping?

In scientific news, there's a report out that the balance of the ecosystem in the Everglades is fucked by none other than irresponsible pet owners.  Enough pythons have been released into the wild that the estimate of the python population in the Everglades is over 100,000.  That's a lot of constrictors.  What has been observed, is that all other species of wild animals in the Everglades have declined greatly the the past decade.  Raccoon and possum counts have declined by 99%!  Other little animals like bunnies and foxes were not observed at all during these surveys!  You know, it's like one of those terrible horror movies.  How long before all these pythons make it back to the populated areas of South Florida and I'm trying to get rid of pythons from my backyard?

And of course, ever since I saw the documentary about jellyfish taking over the oceans, I've been scared of jellyfish taking over our beaches.  Sometimes when it's really windy there will be tons of jellyfish washed up on the beach.  But the scary things are those gigantic jellyfish in the Pacific that are killing all the tuna.  Can you imagine swimming in the ocean only to be engulfed and stung by a 5 foot jellyfish? That sounds more frightening than getting attacked by a shark!

And then there's the big mess in the California school.  Of course, it's a school where the newscasters said most of the students come from "immigrant" families.  The story is that the parents of the "immigrant" culture trust the teachers so much, that they think of them as the kids' second parents.  So, much so, that they don't know what goes on in the school.

I call bullshit.  Either illegal immigrants were too scared to really get involved in their kids' school life for fear of getting deported, the teachers maybe scared the parents into staying out of their business for threat of deportation, or the parents were so busy working that they didn't have time or energy to get involved.  The kids obviously, didn't say anything.  I don't know if most kids would say anything.

One teacher's aide wrote a boy, I think an 11 year old - telling him that he made her skin prickle when he walked by or some other sick nonsense.

Two other teachers molested kids, took bondage photos of them, and fed them semen cookies.  It's so sick and twisted that I can't even fathom how they thought of this and how people can get off on it.  I googled to find a report of the news about the school, and I found this:

http://www.phallologia.narod.ru/ch/mnh/06-11.htm

Weird.  I'm freaked out.  I feel dirty having looked this up, and I feel dirty knowing a lot of links pop up when you Google semen cookies... What the fuck, really?

And is the story of abusive educators going to come out more now just because of the Sandusky case? Maybe if that tragic mess hadn't been exposed, this one might not have either.  How can so many teachers abuse and molest kids, and get away with it for so many years?  I don't get it.  I'm sure there are plenty of moral, helpful and caring unemployed teachers who should be working instead of all these pervs who have been gainfully employed for years.  Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox.  Why am I so unfunny and preachy tonight?!

If it's not the end of the world, then I think I'm going to try to defect to another planet.  A sterile planet.

3 comments:

  1. man, that is some sick shit - that elem. school in l.a. how could they do that to those kids? they are going to be scarred for life. i read that the whole staff was replaced! i think pedophiles/molesters and such should be shot dead in a mass grave. the world needs less of those types of sick fks. as a mother, i would be totally enraged if something like that happened to my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, i clicked on that link to the cookies! gross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, CC, I'm not a big fan of the death penalty, but I agree with you, there are some crimes that are unforgivable. While I don't have kids, I feel very protective of their well being and it kills me to see them damaged like this. Even little things can scar kids for life, something like this with a trusted adult.... I can't imagine. And I don't understand all the links that "come" up when you do that google search. There are some weird mfers around that make me feel so normal!

    ReplyDelete