Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

It's Mardi Gras y'all!  Woohoo!  Yeeaaah!  Yay!  Hooray!  Hoorah!  Calu Calay!  Oh frabjous day!

boo.  I'm a wee bit sad.  I had hoped to be more settled here in South Florida, thus, having the security to have gone to Mardi Gras.  I mean, we have missed years, and there will be future Mardi Gras celebrations to attend.  But it doesn't mean that I didn't want to go this year.  We had thought about going.  And we had even asked my friend if she had space for us.  And when she got back to me and said she did, we had decided it would not be really a financially responsible idea to go.  Being financially responsible is not one of our strong points.  But we try.  I've always tried, but my willpower is similar to that of a grossly obese person on a low carb diet passing by a french bakery.

Anyway, we still had a nice day.  Domestic bliss.  After we went to lunch with our friend, who then  drove back up to New Orleans, we went back and cleaned up around the house a bit, and we had a shrimp and crab boil.

I gotta say, sitting on our lanai in the evening with a cool breeze, a glass of wine, and a plate of boiled goodness was a true moment of zen for me.  The peace and ease and satisfaction and delight that the moment brought me was just as comforting as sitting on the beach, watching the waves, hearing them hit the shore, smelling the ocean.

So, I wasn't dressed in a ridiculous costume that slowly got beat up as the day wore on, I wasn't hammering back whatever alcohol I could get my hands on, and I wasn't staggering down St. Charles or Royal street with my close friends getting shitbagged, being ridiculous.  I still had a memorable Mardi Gras.  And sitting here on our comfortable couch, watching TV with the FP and our wonderful cats still makes me happy. And given whatever issues or problems I may have, I still got a good thing going here that I am wholly grateful for.

Happy Mardi Gras Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment