Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Loooooooooooooooooongest Day

So, we had a lot of stuff to do today.  And we accomplished a good amount.  My BFF is coming to visit on Saturday, and some of her friends are coming over Saturday evening, so it's a double amount of preparation.  Not only do we have to clean the house, we have to make food for Saturday.  Which is all good stuff, but, even without working, I feel like there still is never enough time.

Anyway, it's kind of late.  I'm kind of tired.  And I have a job interview tomorrow.  I really have to get a job at this point.  So I'm hoping they don't offer me part time work at really low pay.  Because I may have  to take it.

But, let's just bask in the glory of my little project that I knocked out tonight.

Our second bathroom needed a lot of work.  It is all white tile with a glass walk in shower, and a cheap ugly vanity with leaky plumbing.  We fixed the leak after many pains in the ass.  We got an over the toilet space saver.  And we got these fish bathtub decals that we put on the shower glass.

And tonight, I made this:


What the fuck is that, you may ask?  It is a towel and toilet paper holder, duh.  So, the whole wall is tile, so I can't just hang a towel bar so easily.  So, being newly obsessed with Pinterest, I found a picture of a basket that someone hung on the wall to use to hold towels.  That's when I realized, I could screw something into the ceiling and have it hang down the wall.  So, I got wood.  I got it at Home Depot, and I had them cut it.  Then I got some hooks, picture hanging wire, and some cheap curtain rods.  So, I just screwed the pieces of wood together, screw in the curtain rod brackets, tightened the part that holds the rods, and put them on.  Then I hung the hooks and hung the frame from the hooks with the wire.  I realized though, that the rods were very flimsy and that one towel was too heavy for it.  So I took some more wire and hung it from the top of the frame and attached it to the middle rod that is the towel bar.  Voila!  It's reinforced.  Okay, so it's unfinished, it's raw and amateurish looking, but it's that the fad now?  Do you think I could sell it on Etsy or fab.com?!

No comments:

Post a Comment