Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Week Of TV

Yes, I measure my life by what TV shows are on.  You know, instead of Taco Tuesday or Wednesday Ladies night, it's cartoon Sunday.

Here's my take.


Sunday:  Decompression.  Nursing the hangover.  Winding it down.  Dulling the dread of going back to work on Monday.  Adult content cartoons.  The Simpsons - which I used to love, but is barely hanging on.  Does anyone watch The Simpsons out of anything more than obligation anymore?  I don't even record it anymore?

Seth McFarlane shows.  I don't care what anyone else says.  I love him and his writers.  I still think Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show are hilarious.  Whatever that weird variety show was about, I was not a big fan.  But his cartoons, I love.

Napoleon Dynamite.  This is a new one, and I wanted to like it.  But, it's just not right.  Don't like it.  It's like the rotten durian of the Sunday night lineup.  You want it to be cool and edgy and something that you will like, but it just leaves the taste of infected ass in your mouth.


Monday:  Two and a Half Men.  I don't know if I set the DVR to record this show, but it doesn't record and I never bothered to try to fix it.  The DVR has a  mind of it's own, and it doesn't always record my stories.  I like this series, but I'm not heartbroken to not be watching it every week.

Being Human.  One of my new favorite shoes.  I mean shows.  I love it.  No sarcasm.  It's a drama about 3 roommates.  It sounds like Three's Company, right?  Well, sort of.  Except for instead of the airhead blond, the brunette and the goofy player guy, it's a vegetarian vampire, a do gooder werewolf and a restless ghost.  Although, I guess all ghosts are restless.  Anyway, it's about their trials and tribulations trying to just act human, which makes their lives all too human.  Deep, yes?

Lost Girl.  This is really just the extra thick and sweet icing on the cupcake.  It's laid on so thick and it's too much, but I eat it all up anyway.  So, this is about the world of the fae.   I don't know too much about the scifi creatures in this show, but I know that it's about these fairylike or magical creatures that live in a secret society among humans.  Just like humans, they have divided political affiliations.  The  main character - Bo - is an independent.  That makes her a rebel, and desired and feared by all.  Her type of fae is succubus.  Which means she feeds on others' sexual energy.  As far as humans go, she can suck out all the mojo out of them until they die.  As far as her kind, fucking other fae is a form of healing.  Sexy, huh?  Well, it's on late at night, and I guess they need something akin to TV junk food to keep people up at night.  I generally stay up kind of late anyway, so it's just something to watch after Being Human.  LOL. I almost typed Being Hyman.


Tuesday:  New Girl!  Love it!  Zoey Deschanel is too cute too cute and goofy.  And the douchebag character is awesome.  And everyone else is good too.  And it's just really funny.  Really really funny.  I even got the FP to watch it.



Wednesday:  Are You There Chelsea?  Also love it!  With the pilot, I was kind of lukewarm about it.  It was too much character introduction, and a little too by the book, literally.  But all the episodes after have been "looser".  I love that Laura Prepon plays Chelsea and Chelsea plays her older sister.  It's a great twist.  And you can tell Chelsea enjoys playing her sister.


Thursday:  Big Bang Theory!  Love love love love love love love it!  Funny, snide sarcastic geeky awkward.  Hilfuckinlarious.  I mean, I think I'm just going to go ahead and put it up there with Seinfeld.  Yeah, I did that.  Great characters.  Sharp witty banter.  Good sitcom situations.


Friday and Saturday are pretty much a wash for me.  In a while, Degrassi will be on again on Friday nights, and then my life will be whole again.  But it's pretty full right now.  Even with obsessive TV watching, one would like 2 days of rest from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I just finished watching Modern Family, and I forgot to mention it in the post! I love Modern Family. I love that Al Bundy is in it. I love that the gay couple live in the Beverly Hills 90210 house, I love all the characters, but I especially love Gloria, because as I stated before, I love accents. They are hilarious to me!

    ReplyDelete