Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

So disappointed

Well, the last blog entry wasn't very exciting... I planned on elaborating on what each job was like with funny details and stuff, but I think I was tired and never really finished the blog before publishing... so I'm just going to drop the whole thing.

I'm kind of tired tonight, again, surprise, surprise.  So, I'm just going to tell you how disappointed I am in my dog, and more in myself.

My sis and my bro- in -law came for a visit this weekend.

And Rudy barked at them the whole time.  If they moved, he charged them.

He's an unsocialized asshole not used to visitors in the house.  It's all our fault.  He is very territorial, and we've been trying to curb it, but it's not working.  Well, he's gotten better on walks, but, not in the house, and slightly better in the car.

I mean, he met my sis before when he was a puppy, and he had seemingly no recollection of that time.  He was just a scary big asshole dog.  So bad.  So nasty.

Finally, the one thing that curbed the barking... the spray bottle of mouthwash that was meant to curb his barking at the cats whenever they wanted to come visit us on the couch.  That wasn't what I wanted to resort to, but it was at least a temporary fix.  I know the solution has to be that he becomes accepting of visitors, not that he is suppresses the barks only because he doesn't want to get sprayed.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! remember HER scary bitch dog(s)?! (i think there was REALLY only one. the others just LOOKED scary!

    ReplyDelete