Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Acts of Somebody, part 2

So, you have to read Acts of Somebody.... the first part, if you haven't read it.  Because I'm not going to start this second part of the series with a summary introduction for you to catch up.  Besides, I kind of enjoyed writing last night's blog, and I would like for you to read it.





So, I felt dirty today.  I didn't go in the pool after work.  Usually, the night before my day off, I don't shower.

Yes.  I'm admitting it.  Get off your high horse and climb onto my miniature pony.

Anyhoo, I know that I am going to take Rudy for exercise the next morning, and I'm going to sweat anyway, so why bother to waste the water.

Well, I felt especially dirty today.  So, I took a shower.  I was thinking how maybe I might come up with a blog topic while in the shower.  And I sure did.

I have sad news to report.  When I got into the shower, I saw the corpse of my new spider friend on the tile.  She was all moving a little with the water flow, so I splashed her a little to see if she had any life left in her.  She was gone, though.  So, I directed her lifeless corpse to the drain, where she got entwined with my hair, and may or may not have gone down the drain.

I guess, while her life was short, I'm glad to have met her.  Hopefully someone will say that about me one day... after I'm 65 or so...

But, I guess, the bright side is, she left a legacy.  Right in the corner where she was hanging out last night, was a baby.  She was hugging the corner wall.  But as I stared at her, she started to climb the invisible web, and she was even climbing upside down.  And then she started venturing away from the corner.

I wondered, did she want to see companionship?  Should I move her to the corner condo with a view, so she could meet her next of kin?  Or should I ease her into it, maybe move her to the corner by the sink where all the dead ants are?  Or maybe she doesn't want to leave the shower.  I mean, after all, her mother just passed away.  I guess the rules of observing nature say that you are not supposed to interfere, right?  And why am I always trying to control others decisions anyway?

All the same, I want this little spider girl to survive and thrive, and catch as many ants as she can.  I feel like I should read and watch Charlotte's Web now.  I haven't seen that movie or read the book since I was a kid.  But I remember it having a strong impact on me.  I've always loved pigs, and I wonder if that inspired my love for pigs or fostered my previous love for pigs?  Which is weird, because I don't really remember having very much contact with pigs, but they are so cute and tasty too.

Anyway, I hope all the best for little spider girl.  I hope she gets out and sees the world and has adventures galore, so that her mom didn't die in vain.


No comments:

Post a Comment