Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

Noises

that I hear...

the typing on the keypad, of course.
the FP breathing next to me (thankfully he's not snoring)
the rattle (?) of the air conditioner
the shutters lightly smacking the wall in the wind
the moving truck parking noisily in front of our driveway
the moving men talking loudly in the street
(did I mention there's a moving truck blocking our driveway?  I feel trapped)
the car parking in front of our yard also blocking the house
the pad of my feet as I go to the bedroom window, and then the living room window to look out at the fuss that they are making outside
the snorts and sighs and rustling of the dog
the "ding" of the water bowl as a cat hits the water bowl, trying to get to the food
the crunch of a cat's teeth on kibble
(why didn't the truck park in front of the apartment they are loading in next door, rather than in front of us?  They can't have much stuff anyway, it's a small space, I think.  I just hope they hurry up.  What if there is an emergency and we have to leave immediately, but the truck is blocking our way?  And we can't drive over the grass because the car is parked in front of that?  And what if there are shady people moving in next door - I mean from the outside it looks like a dreary apartment.  I should think of getting that bamboo that I wanted to put against the fence that borders our property with the apartment buildling so we aren't staring into eachother's kitchens when the blinds are open)

No comments:

Post a Comment