Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

This day

What a sad anniversary this day is.  Sad doesn't describe it - woeful, sorrowful, horrible, tragic, ugly.  I don't like to post serious, depressing blogs on this blog, because it's supposed to be... not uplifting, maybe not lighthearted, but humorous in a black comedy making fun of myself and others kind of way.  But, how can one post a blog today and not talk about 9/11?

It's horrible to watch those documentaries that are on all day long.  Especially the ones that put together first person videos from bystanders.  I don't cry as much as I used to before Katrina, but stuff like this.  How can one watch it and not, at some point, be brought to tears?

What's interesting, is that I realized today, that my cousin-in-law and my uncle-in-law have the same birthday as the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.  My other cousin-in-law (the sister and daughter of the previous two) has the same birthday, has her birthday on 9/11.  Very interesting.  Such nice people though.  Sucks to have that tragic reminder every year.

In light of the anniversary that is today, it seems petty and frivolous to recite the little things that happened to me today.  I mean, do you really care?  Oh, wait, you don't really care on an ordinary day with no significant anniversary, either!

So, let me just plow right through this blog so I can get some sleep...

Rudy has become more whiney when in the crate at night.  It's annoying.  If he ever needs something for real, how am I supposed to know?  It's the puppy who cried wolf!  (Do you know people who pronounce wolf "woof" for real, without trying to be funny?  I don't know what accent it is, but I vaguely recall one of my elementary school teachers did that.  I think it was the 4th grade teacher.)

 Rudy also barked at these old ladies hobbling with canes at the park.  For shame!  He discriminates against the physically challenged.

Which leads me to my mother-in-law.  She had a hip replacement surgery today.  I am not up on advances in medicine, that's for sure.  Because I never would have believed that hours after her surgery, they would be trying to get her to stand and walk on her replacement hip!  Crazy!  And her alleged recovery time is 3 weeks.  Insane!

And then the big news is that I finally got the FP to watch Breaking Bad.  I told him that he could watch the first episode - season 1, episode 1.  Then he could decide from there if he wanted to watch the whole series and catch up before... July (boo!!!).  I warned him, it probably, being the beginning, wasn't nearly as great as some of the later seasons.  Boy was I wrong.  I hadn't seen episode 1 in a long time.  It was really good.  And since I didn't remember it all, it was even better to watch it the second time!  The FP loved it, of course.  He said that I said it might not be that good, but it was one of the best first episodes he had ever seen.  I can't believe I have to wait until July for new episodes, AND that it's the last season!!!  At least I have 4 1/2 seasons to watch until then, I guess.

My other thing I need to tell you about is that I have to deal with my air conditioner.  I've been dreading the day that something would go wrong with it - as I've already heard others complain about not having working air conditioning and having to go days without it.  All of a sudden, I walked to the hallway, and there was water on the floor.  I changed the filter, but water still ran out.  So, I had to do what I really didn't want to do.  I had to take out the filter and look up at the grills while the FP held the flashlight for me.  If it weren't so low to the ground, I probably would have made him do it.  Of course, water started dripping down my back while I was trying to scrape gunk off with a paper towel, because of course we don't have a wire brush.  We should have taken the panel off and looked inside the unit, but it was dinner time and the spaghetti and italian sausage was calling.  So, we turned the AC off, turned the fan on, put towels under the AC and ate dinner.  From a short google search, and from what I've seen, it's probably a gross algae clog in the line that we will have to try to take care of tomorrow.  I sure hope it's an easy DIY fix!  Although, I see getting a shop vac in our future...

So, yeah, this was 9/11/12.


No comments:

Post a Comment