Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Handyman FP

So, the air conditioner started leaking again.  Last time, it started leaking, and then we turned it off overnight, and it stopped.  I figured I wouldn't worry until it started leaking again.

So, today was the time to worry.  So, I got out the husky multi-tool kit.  I unscrewed the screws, which was actually easy.  The fact that it wasn't difficult made me wonder how many times the screws had been unscrewed.

We saw the water in the pan, and could feel the water in the pipe.  There was the cap on the other end, that the FP suggested we take off, to see if the line was clogged, which we were sure it was.  So, he took it off, and it was clogged.  He asked me if we had a skinny snake.  And I remembered, I had just bought a thin plastic barbed type of snake.  So, he broke it out.  And he stuck it down the drain.  And right away, we heard the glurg of the pipe unclog, and the water cleared out.

And that was it.

I never knew the FP was such an AC/plumber.....

No comments:

Post a Comment