Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Neverending Laundry Pile

So, I'm a grown up.

Ok, I play one or try to simulate one as best as I know how.  Which is just a lot of speculation and googling stuff.  Sometimes I ask people for advice too if the question is not too silly.

Anyway, I have this one juvenile habit, or lack of habit that I have - I hate folding laundry and putting it away.  I hate that task way worse than I hate putting away the clean dishes.  I don't know why I hate these tasks.

Well, another reason I hate putting away the laundry is because the closet organization is a mess.  The shelves that the previous owners left are all kind of fucked up.  We just tried to half assed reattach the shelves so they wouldn't fall.  What we really need to do is spend like probably $150 and buy some proper shelves.  Or just get more milk crates...

Anyway, I find my clean clothes that I am going to wear mostly from the laundry basket.

Not that I really have many clothes that I actually wear on a regular basis, but, I pretty much just a small  fraction of my clothing that I pretty much wear on rotation.  Of course, a huge portion of the time, I'm wearing work clothes.  Then there are the sleeping, lounging clothes - a couple choices of shorts and soft tshirts.  Then there are the whatever clothes for multipurpose - going for a walk, going to the store, running errands.  Then, there are few newerish items that I might wear if I have to say, go to a doctor or vet, or maybe we go out to eat or for a drink.

So, here's the vicious cycle.  I wash colors.  The only whites I really use are my socks and maybe one or two ponty (panty in Philippine accent) or bra.  These often end up in the colors wash, and they are fine.  So, I just wash colors.  Unless the only dirty laundry left is whites.  So, there is a dirty laundry basket in the back bathroom.  I just pick through and load the washing machine from there, or I find dirty clothes on the floor, usually, it's clothes that belong to the... man of the house.

So, after I wash and dry, then I put the clothes in the clean laundry basket.  If that is overly full, then I put the clothes in the back bathroom sink.  We don't really use that sink, so it's fine.

But, what do we do if we go #1 or #2 in that bathroom?  We warsh our hands in the kitchen.  The thing is, we painstakingly replaced the pvc for that sink and it leaked so many times.  We finally used this sealing putty that seems to work, but why take chances.  If we don't use the sink, it should last for if any visitors ever come.

So, then, when I take a shower, I look for clean clothes to put on from either the clean laundry basket or the clean laundry sink.  And then when they are dirty, I throw them in the dirty laundry basket and perpetuate the cycle.

Seriously, I don't recall the last time I did all the laundry and then folded and put it all away.

It's like I'm a college kid enjoying not having anyone telling me to put away my laundry.

So sad, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment