Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

tree

So, when we bought this house, it was like, ooh a big oak tree in the front.

Now, it's like, oh a big oak tree in the front.  We have to fucking get it trimmed.  It needs a haircut very badly.  Especially if there is a big storm.

So, a couple weeks ago when I was walking the unruly dog, this guy in a van or something that advertised landscaping stopped and asked about Rudy.  Then I said I needed to get a tree cut, so he gave me his card.

So, I finally called today.  The first number listed was the wrong number.  The cell phone was accurate.  Red flag #1.

The guy said he would come over later.  So a few hours later he called and said he was 5 minutes away.  So, I got ready to get out the door without Rudy.

I waited.  And waited.  About 20 minutes had gone by, and he called again.  He said he couldn't find Wilson Street.  Red flag #2.  I like to do business with people who are technologically up to date.  Clearly the guy didn't have GPS or anything, or he didn't mapquest the address.

He pulled up sideways behind the cars.  Red flag #3.  I don't like diagonal sideways parkers.  It's just weird.  There was enough room to park straight behind the cars.

He got out, and he said, oh yeah, I think I've seen you before.  I told him I saw him when I was walking the dog.  He said, oh, yeah, I was probably flirting with you.  I fake laughed.  Big Huge Red flag #4.

So, he looked at the tree and talked about what he would do for like ... like forever.  I don't know.  5 minutes, 20 minutes, it was a long time.  He said how he could build a tree swing.  How we could swing on it, make out, not take our clothes off because it was in the front yard.  Big Huge Red flag #5.  I wanted him to leave, but he kept talking about his ex-wife and how she left him for a woman and he didn't hold it against her.

I told him it was up to my husband.  He said, what does your husband do?  I said we cook.  He said, oh, do you know how to cook lasagna?  He gave the estimate with or without hauling away all the shit.  So, he said it would be a lot.  He wanted to look at the back alley, so, I had to go inside and get the gate key and open it.  We went through, and he thought maybe it would all fit, or we could put some in the neighbor's space.  Then he had to tell a story about how he once gave the bulk trash man a $50 to take all of the stuff away even though it was more than allowed.  Then he asked about lasagna again.  Red flags #6, #7, #8, etc.  

I told him that I would talk to my husband and let him know.

So, later, when I talked to the FP, I said, the guy was weird and creepy but if he wanted to book it, we  would schedule it when the FP was home, because I definitely didn't want to be here alone when they were working.  I felt like it was such a trial talking to the guy that I wanted that time in my life back.  So, the FP said, no, let's find someone else.

All I can say is, I sure am glad I have a soon to be big, black, menacing looking dog!  Then again, I wouldn't have had a stranger come over (even if he weren't going to enter the house) if I didn't have this dog.  This is one situation in which I didn't mind that he barked.

No comments:

Post a Comment