Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

It's In The Air

When I got home, the smell of poo was everywhere.  Somewhere between the kitchen and the bathroom/laundry room, I smelled shit.  Like cat shit.  There was no visible poo in the litter box.  I slowly sniffed the area to the bathroom.  I didn't smell it again.

Later on, I went outside.  I smelled shit by the side of the pool.  I didn't see any poo, but Rudy could have laid a log somewhere around there.  He doesn't have a special area like a good dog.

Then I smelled shit when I was cleaning the pool filter.  I didn't see any.  Once again, he could have dropped the kids off by the pool and I wouldn't necessarily see it.

There was a plastic bin outside that was full of dead plants and weeds.  Since it had rained, it also had about 4 inches of water in it.  I thought I should dump the water out, but I didn't feel like dealing with the plants, so I left them there.  Later on, after the container had settled, there was still an inch of water in the bottom.  So, I went to dump the rest of the water out.  When I dumped it out, a familiar smell emanated from the bin.  The rice paddies of my grandfather, and the smell of caribou shit.  It is a very distinct smell, different from horse shit and cow shit.  I haven't smelled that smell since I was maybe 7 years old, I believe.  I need to smell that smell again.  We need to go to the Philippines and bury my mom's ashes.  Maybe the smells were a way of my mom reminding me of my priorities... saving for plane tickets and a week or so off of work?

No comments:

Post a Comment